Liberty' question

jansarts

Could a recent Liberty cruiser tell me; I'm taking my daughter & grandkids on The eastern Caribbean, Liberty in a few weeks.. She's curious about the first formal night . Will it be Sunday(Half Moon Cay day ) or Monday (sea day),? Basically she wants to plan her St. Patrick's day outfit. Thanks so much...:D:D:D

Actually, with the new menus, the 2nd formal night may be the last sea day. I stand corrected. :rolleyes::D

We'll, I guess I was right the first time. I'm confused though because when you look at the new menus they have Grand Turk port of call and then the American Feast menu looks like it is the last day. :confused:

We'll, I guess I was right the first time. I'm confused though because when you look at the new menus they have Grand Turk port of call and then the American Feast menu looks like it is the last day. :confused:

Hope you have better luck with the new menu. The wait staff was under-trained and over-worked in delivering the new menu when we sailed Liberty 1/25/14 out of Miami. We had "Your Time Dining", sat in 3 different stations and it took a grueling 2 + hours to be served a 3 course meal. None of the meals were memorable. The fish was dry, the veggies were cold, the "prime rib" was tough and sliced very thin and it took at least 3 requests each night to get coffee served after dinner.

We have always enjoyed our Carnival cruises and have raved about the food and service to friends after each cruise. Unfortunately, not this time. Don't know if it was the new menu, the dining room management or the kitchen staff, but it was one disappointment after another. We enjoyed the lobster, the ribs, the escargots and the ice cream. Other choices were, at best, forgettable. Service was harried and unsure of how to get food out in a timely fashion. They admitted it was new to them and they were still getting used to it. At one point we asked repeatedly for coffee and the server insisted on taking dessert orders before serving coffee. Training? Dining room management? Who knows, but unacceptable.

We'll continue to hope they seriously reconsider the new menu and service style and get back to the standards we enjoyed previously.