Fantasy Cabin Question

futuremrspeaden

hi i am booked on my first ever cruise on the fantasy for October 11th and i wasnt sure if my room (E140) is on the port side or the starboard side. i know this may seem like a silly question but i am new to all of this and i see people saying there is a huge difference between the two. any answers will be greatly appreciated.

also any other tips or pictures concerning the fantasy because i love looking at pics and reading reviews!

thanks so much!

That is port side. Even numbers port, odd starboard. However, it typically doesn't really matter. Some people like to watch for pier runners in port (those people running to get back on the ship at the last possible second). But it's about 50/50 whether the port or starboard side will be facing the pier. The Dream had the starboard side facing the pier in all 3 of our ports last month.

A much bigger issue for you is what is directly above you. Right above your room is the galley/kitchen. They work in there all night long, and some spots can be noisy for the rooms right below them. It's possible that your room could be fine, but it could also get a lot of noise from above during the overnight. I would recommend that you change to a different location. Pull up a deck plan such as this: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival%20Fantasy. Go to Empress deck. Any rooms from the middle elevators to the back elevators are what you don't want. E114 or E117 & up should be fine. E180 or E193 & back should be fine. Also, I wouldn't book a connecting room, such as E114/E110. So I would suggest E106 or E107 if available. If not, keep moving further forward from there. The back of the ship is fine too, as I had a room back there on a sister ship and really enjoyed the location, but the far back can experience a little more motion than something more midship. All these suggested rooms/areas are below a dining room, which is carpeted and empty all night long, so no noise at all from above. The far forward rooms, from E42 or E43 & up are below the theater, but the theater does shut down at about 11:30.

Edited by k2excursion

Also bear in mind, though, that as you move forward, you will probably also feel more movement of the ship.

Right now, you're in the highest level for an OV cabin. Personally, I'd prefer to be lower down, sandwiched between other cabin decks. That pretty much eliminates the issue of being under the galley or a club.

But you can't "downgrade" to a lower cabin category. At least, I don't think you can. I always start out with a low category and move up if prices drop for a higher level.

If your original question was WHICH side is port and which is starboard (google would tell you this), remember that Port has 4 letters and so does Left. That's the easy way.

Where did you see that people were saying there is a huge difference? There is absolutely NO difference, as far as I'm concerned. Look at the deck plans and you'll see that most decks, the two sides are mirror-images. Yes, there can be a difference regarding being under a club or not. E72 on the portside would be under the piano bar whle E73 starboard would be under the library. That could make quite a difference at night!

There's no way to know which side your ship will be facing when you're in port, either. In Nassau, sometimes they back in to the dock (so port is facing land) and sometimes they pull straight in (so starboard is facing land). That's totally up to the Captain on any given day.

If you haven't already found it, check out the All Things Fantasy thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182074&page=31

I was booked on her for May 6th (would've been my 7th on her plus I've sailed sister ships 3 times), but moved my reservation to Pride. I imagine I'll be back on Fantasy before the end of the year.