Did You/Can You get VPP on a free cruise?

IMKTDQT810

I think I will check on this further... As I see it.

Since IF you cancel you have to repay that amount. I think they should cover it. You would likely have to pay it and then file for reimbursement. That way you show the payment (Loss) and that sets the amount of the claim. Assuming it is a covered reason for cancel.

I would think when you take out the policy you would have to base it on what the full cruise price would of been. If you only paid $200.00 for the cruise but full price would be 2,000 when buying insurance you would have to list the 2,000 as the amount your insuring .....so it would probably work if done like that.

All I know is anyone with these free cabins really need to get insurance.

I also wonder when you book the free cabin does Carnival use that rate of what the cabin cost in the event your a no show or is it what the rate is going for at the time of sailing? I put nothing past corporations and the things they do.

Edited by Midwestgal

I called CSA to check on this....

I was WRONG above.:eek: They only pay for non-refundable and Pre-Paid losses. In their eyes having to repay the no show part is a penalty, and they don't cover penalties.

I do agree, everyone that gets a free cruise should insure it with the CCL VPP. OR check to make sure their carrier will pay in the event of a loss.

Edited by BigDfromTN