Male vs Female Stateroom Attendant

suntan

I think I will have a t-shirt made with this slogan. :rolleyes:

Equality is the reason we can't honor those with achievements without someone getting their feelings hurt. You cannot be equal to anyone, we are all unique.

So my son can't keep score at his soccer games. Just so everyone feels equal.

Character is born out of success and failures alike.

The PC crap is destroying the USA.

Sorry again for the soap box.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Equality is the reason we can't honor those with achievements without someone getting their feelings hurt. You cannot be equal to anyone, we are all unique.

So my son can't keep score at his soccer games. Just so everyone feels equal.

Character is born out of success and failures alike.

The PC crap is destroying the USA.

Sorry again for the soap box.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Here here! Well said. The PC crap is destroying everywhere and everyone. Nothing gets me going than the fact we can't say "Merry Christmas" anymore because some people don't celebrate Christmas. AND?!! Others celebrate their religious holidays and we don't tell them to stop calling it what they call it. I actually wear a button when I go shopping at Christmas time that says "It's ok to wish me a Merry Christmas". I get a lot of smiles with that. Too bad management or corporate offices are preventing their staff was replying in kind. I'll get off my soap box now.

I am a female and I travel almost exclusively solo. I am also quite a bit younger than many of the other passengers on Celebrity, although the crowd seems to be getting younger lately.

Celebrity has the most professional staff of any cruise line I have traveled on. Celebrity is extremely strict with the rules regarding passenger/crew fraternization, and in light of the hard line that Celebrity takes I find the male crew members are very very careful not to put themselves into compromising positions with female passengers, and to not put themselves in positions where there actions could be misinterpreted as an advance.

On one of the other cruise lines I have traveled on I have had a male crew member show up at my door uninvited, and on another I have had a drink server repeatedly ask if he could come to my room later in the evening.

So of the four lines I have traveled, only on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have I felt completely secure.

However, just so everyone realizes that it is not just staff that can be a concern, I should also add, that I have had a married male passenger show up at my door as well.......oh and the kicker.....he was from cruisecritic. And security had to move me on a cruise because of a harassing phone call.

I've also had a male crew member hit on me. He moved onto another female passenger when I put him in his place. That was on another cruise line too. It's not always the male crew members causing problems. I've seen young women flirting with the crew members. Dangerous business that is. Some people forget all common sense when they go on vacation.

Ok, if the female in question only feels comfortable with having a female stateroom attendent, would she also need to make sure that the female attendent was not a lesbian?

For safety purposes, there are many crew members that have access to the stateroom- but that would be the same concerns for a lot of places - hotels, all inclusive resorts, trains, etc

To assume that a crew member of the opposite sex would not be able to be professional/safe in performing their duties in the presence of your clothing, but a member of the same sex would automatically be more professional/safe does not make sense to me. I don't care who is cleaning my room, I will put away anything I do not want seen, moved, folded, or taken whether the attendent is male or female.

I suggest that the person does what PP have said, hang the Do Not Disturb sign when you are in the room, and engage the privacy lock. Tell the attendent you want to stay in the room while they clean, and leave the door to the hallway open, that way she can watch them to make sure they do not touch anything that they shouldn't.

Theresa