Complimentary anything?

We will be celebrating our honeymoon on the Rhapsody 8/14. I read once about a complimentary bottle of champagne for sail away. Are there any other special services, and where can I make sure I get that bottle of Champagne?

Thanks

Our anniversary was noted in my initial reservation, but all that I received were the beautiful roses my husband purchased....I did not really expect any type of freebie, so no disappointments resulted....

I think that you will be on your own for anything to be in your room, unless your TA splurges and buys you something. RCCL does have packages on their website that you can purchase to decorate your room, flowers ets, all what you are willing to pay for.

On our last cruise they did approach us at our table asking us if we wanted someone to sing to us...... DH would have left the table as he is pretty private. I think that they now charge for cakes, maybe someone can verify that.

If nothing else happens..... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FROM A FELLOW CRUISER

Happy sailing

Last yr. my son & new wife recvd. upgrade to Jr. Suite [They called it a suite but don't think it was more than 1 lrg rm!] @ the pier on the Conquest and had hotel suite upgrade in N.O. the nite before. Can't hurt to list "honeymoon" w/TA!

Don't expect free champagne in your cabin, but if your TA identifies you as a honeymooner on your reservation, you will be invited to the Honeymooner and Anniversary couples party. There you will get a free glass of champagne! :)

If you want a full honeymooners cake at dinner it is $7.95, but if you just want the recognition hoopla of waiters singing the "hapee huneemoon" song, just ask your Maitre'd. They will bring you a slice of the dessert of the night and still be happy to embarass you with their singing!

The only way you're going to get anything "free" is if you TA buys it.

On 2 of our 3 cruises, our TA had bought a bottle of wine for us which was in our cabin when we arrived. think this is getting to be less common than it used to be.

wwicklund, I think you might be in luck! This is what is quoted in RCCL's brochure says: 'Don't be shy on your special occasion. Don't forget to let us know at the time of booking that you willbe celebrating your honeymoon* or wedding anniverasary** on board, and it will be our pleasure to provide you with some special little extras, like complimentary champagne and framed portrait photographs, to help the celebrations along.

* Proof of marriage or intent to marry is required.

** Only valid for 25th, 40th, 50th and 60th anniversaries.

Please fax proof to +44 1932 820286, no later than 10 days prior to your sailing date.'

The fax No above may not be the correct one for you as my brochure is a European edition. Your best bet is probably to get your TA to fax RCCL - I'm sure he / she will know what type of proof RCCL need.

Hope that helps and Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.:)

The last post says it all. PROOF. I believe that so many people were fudging (lying seems so harsh) about the actual date of birthdays and anniversaries, that the cruise line had to take action. If your anniversary or birthday is actually occuring DURING the cruise, by all means enjoy all they have to offer.

I think we will skip the expensive cake AND the singing, but will try to get into the Honeymoon party.

Laura: What size table have you requested? We always ask for a large table, because we like meeting new people, but maybe you guys "vant to be alone." IF you are at a large table, let your tablemates know. I know that if you were at OUR table, I would buy you a bottle of SOMETHING good!

Carol

wwicklund, I think you might be in luck! This is what is quoted in RCCL's brochure says: 'Don't be shy on your special occasion. Don't forget to let us know at the time of booking that you willbe celebrating your honeymoon* or wedding anniverasary** on board, and it will be our pleasure to provide you with some special little extras, like complimentary champagne and framed portrait photographs, to help the celebrations along.

Please fax proof to +44 1932 820286, no later than 10 days prior to your sailing date.'

The fax No above may not be the correct one for you as my brochure is a European edition. Your best bet is probably to get your TA to fax RCCL - I'm sure he / she will know what type of proof RCCL need.

I contacted My TA and they contacted RCCL and they are saying that there is no such thing. Can you let me know where I can find more about this?

Be careful when reading this.

It says complimentary champagne!

Nothing said about a bottle, a glass at the honeymoon/anniversary get together will be complimentary champagne too.

It say and framed portrait photographs!

Nothing said about complimentary here, although one may read this from the champagne and think the photograph will be free too but it´s not clearly said and photographs are available to all and framed too if you want.

wwicklund, I got that quote from RCCL's brochure titled ; 'The ULTIMATE Holiday Experience' below the title it says :' Worldwide Cruises January 2005 - March 2006' and on the binder edge it says '1st Edition - Euro'. I have typed the quote EXACTLY as in the brochure (including same punctuation). It is on the bottom of page 16 (the 'Special Occasions' section).

'Be careful when reading this.

It says complimentary champagne!

Nothing said about a bottle, a glass at the honeymoon/anniversary get together will be complimentary champagne too.

It say and framed portrait photographs!

Nothing said about complimentary here, although one may read this from the champagne and think the photograph will be free too but it´s not clearly said and photographs are available to all and framed too if you want.'

madforcruising, I never thought of it that way, I just assumed (which I suppose you should NEVER do) that the picture frame was complimentary but on re-reading you could be right. It IS in the brochure though - knew I had seen it when I was 'investigating' the possibility of some freebies on our own cruise - 3rd Anniversary, in September. ..... Guess not!

wwicklund, please let me know how you get on and if I can be of any more help.

I now have a question myself! What is the honeymoon / Anniversary get toghther? How / who organises it and where is it and how do you join??

Thanks

OnlyMe,

I´m sure you got it from a brochure and I hope you didn´t think I was questioning that you got it from there as that was not my intend. I just wanted to give a heads up on the fact that you could read it this way and that way.

Brochures tend to imply sometimes things that look quite different when seeing them in real.;)

We went on our honeymoon June 26-July3rd of this year. There must have been 100 honeymoon couples on board. They only thing they did for us was a half hour honeymoon gathering before the late seating so we couldnot really even eat the cake. They don't do anything special for you as a couple alone. I asked many different people. I thought it was a try to see if we could get upgraded or something. Did not get too far. It is atleast a try. They did not even get on board right away we had to wait in the long line just like everyone else.

Yes, they are now charging for birthday/anniversary cakes! I agree that you are on your own.

They are charging for an entire cake, but if you tell your waiter that you're celebrating an event, they'll bring you one of the desserts of the evening with a birthday or anniversary decoration for free...(there's the freebie! LOL :D )

So I found the brochure online its available at: http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pdf/mainfleet_consumer_2005.pdf

Page 16. I am going to work on this with my TA, hope you all can get some luck with it as well.

this is straight from the website (UK):

Honeymoon

Don't forget to let us know at the time of booking that you'll be celebrating your honeymoon or wedding anniversary on board, and it will be our pleasure to provide you with some special little extras, like complimentary champagne and framed portrait photographs to help the celebrations along.

Our complimentary Class Romance Package* for Honeymooners can be arranged at the time of booking.

The package includes:

grey_bullet.gifWelcome aboard champagne and canapés.grey_bullet.gifChoice of Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast on the first morning in your stateroom.grey_bullet.gifPre-dinner canapés on the first formal evening.grey_bullet.gifPetit fours or chocolate truffles in your stateroom on the first formal evening.grey_bullet.gifFormal portrait photograph in an engraved frame.

* Contents of this package may change and are subject to availability. Proof of intent to marry will be required, please fax to 01932 820286 no later than 10 days prior to your sailing date. If proof is not received within the timeframe above, the gift will not be delivered on board. The honeymoon cruise must occur within 6 weeks of the wedding ceremony to qualify for the complimentary gift.

Anniversary

Guests whose special wedding anniversary** occurs whilst on their cruise holiday will receive a complimentary bottle of champagne - if notified at the time of booking.

** Only valid for 25th, 40th, 50th and 60th anniversaries. Proof of marriage will be required, please fax to 01932 820286, no later than 10 days prior to your sailing date. If proof is not received within the timeframe, the gift will not be delivered on board.

Laura: What size table have you requested? We always ask for a large table, because we like meeting new people, but maybe you guys "vant to be alone." IF you are at a large table, let your tablemates know. I know that if you were at OUR table, I would buy you a bottle of SOMETHING good!

Carol

Carol-

I think he requested a larger table at the late seating, because we enjoy meeting new people. We figured we could get our "table for two" at Portofinos or Chops.

Laura

So, perhaps we should bring along a copy of the marriage license???

Archived