Video! Cabana Time! on Nieuw Amsterdam

Trickie Dickie

Which Lido Cabana would you say has the best location, Santa Fe or the one on the other end?

I read a comment from someone about them setting up T-shirt sales one day on the Lido and it was right in front of their cabana.

Which one did you have and did you notice any pros or cons about location?

Which Lido Cabana would you say has the best location, Santa Fe or the one on the other end?

I read a comment from someone about them setting up T-shirt sales one day on the Lido and it was right in front of their cabana.

Which one did you have and did you notice any pros or cons about location?

They did setup hat/t-shirt sales several times in front of Santa Fe. I was in Ibiza and there isn't enough room to setup anything in front. I would say the first 4 Cabanas are the best, but I would rather be in Santa Fe than not have a Cabana at all. It's a great value.

They did setup hat/t-shirt sales several times in front of Santa Fe. I was in Ibiza and there isn't enough room to setup anything in front. I would say the first 4 Cabanas are the best, but I would rather be in Santa Fe than not have a Cabana at all. It's a great value.

Thanks!

What did you think of the Lido cabanas? My partner and I had one of the Family Retreat cabanas both on the Eurodam and NA and loved it. We did go down to the pool to check out the Lido cabanas, but thought it was too hot and stuffy, plus a lot of traffic walking by. Just didn't seem all that enjoyable and nothing like the peace and quiet the Retreat offered.

What did you think of the Lido cabanas? My partner and I had one of the Family Retreat cabanas both on the Eurodam and NA and loved it. We did go down to the pool to check out the Lido cabanas, but thought it was too hot and stuffy, plus a lot of traffic walking by. Just didn't seem all that enjoyable and nothing like the peace and quiet the Retreat offered.

Loved my Lido Cabana! I had many naps. The traffic wasn't bad. I like being close to the action by the pool. :D

Loved my Lido Cabana! I had many naps. The traffic wasn't bad. I like being close to the action by the pool. :D

I can see how the location by the pool would be a plus, and the Lido restaurant would be closer, too.

I can see how the location by the pool would be a plus, and the Lido restaurant would be closer, too.

You don't need the restaurant. The Cabanas have a menu. You can order anything you want and they bring it to your Cabana table. You're very spoiled in a Cabana! :D

Sorry, I really dislike those cabanas. All that lovely open deck is now private cubicles. The worst are the ones by the Lido pool.

No thanks, I'll just stick with the older ships.

igraf

Here's a short video I made to show the Cabanas on Nieuw Amsterdam.

Enjoy! :D

Sorry, I really dislike those cabanas. All that lovely open deck is now private cubicles. The worst are the ones by the Lido pool.

No thanks, I'll just stick with the older ships.

igraf

No problem! I would probably dislike them as well If I wasn't in one. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You don't need the restaurant. The Cabanas have a menu. You can order anything you want and they bring it to your Cabana table. You're very spoiled in a Cabana! :D

I know. We had a retreat cabana on both the Eurodam and NA, and not only were we given a cabana menu, we could also order anything from the Lido restaurant as well, making the lunch options even greater.

What an attitude. The one with the most toys wins, right?

igraf

No problem! I would probably dislike them as well If I wasn't in one. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Addendum

I guess you can't see how HAL is making chumps out of the cabana users and shortchanging everyone else. Where one used to be able to sit in a deck for no charge, one must now pay quite a bit to sit in the same place. Everyone else is squeezed into less open deck space, and this is on the new ships with ~200 extra passengers over the previous ship class.

Nothing to be happy about in either case.

igraf

Addendum

I guess you can't see how HAL is making chumps out of the cabana users and shortchanging everyone else. Where one used to be able to sit in a deck for no charge, one must now pay quite a bit to sit in the same place. Everyone else is squeezed into less open deck space, and this is on the new ships with ~200 extra passengers over the previous ship class.

Nothing to be happy about in either case.

igraf

Whose the one with the attitude!

If you don't like it, don't cruise on the "dam" ship! I find it very hard to find a lounger in the shade with all the "cruise hogs" who get there early and put their sunglasses and book on the lounger and then return 2 or 3 hours later. That's one of the reasons we chose to rent a cabana on our upcoming cruise. To each their own !