Celebrity sent email my excursion was cancelledled

sashacruiser

I just received an email from Celebrity that due to operational reasons the biobay excursion has been cancelled I was really looking forward to it!! Does anyone have any idea why that would happen? I'm sailing this April and according to moon calender it was an optimal time to go. Is this a Celebrity issue or something else?

If you are not cruising until April, the contracted operator is the culprit.

You should be glad you have had notice,

Have you joined the Roll Call for your sailing? If not do so. Perhaps there are others on your sailing who are also affected and can assist with alternate excursions.

sashacruiser - are you talking about the BioBay in San Juan? We're sailors and have friends that live on Vieques, it's been discussed in great detail on another travel board. Consider yourself lucky that you were notified ahead of sailing and/or cancelled.

Here are a few of her and others comments:

2/10/14 - I would not recommend the one in Fajardo at this time. It has been dark for a little bit. May be due to the water treatment plant run off.

2/10/14 - We visited the bio bay at Fajardo last week. I was, sadly, underwhelmed by the experience. I can't say I wished we wouldn't have done it but I also can't say I would recommend it to a friend.

We were staying at the Wyndam and it was a 30+ minute trip each way. I would think it would be a hour from San Juan.

If you go, I would recommend an early trip. We were booked for the 9pm trip that didn't leave until 10:15pm, it made for a very long trip.

2/27/14 - Actually there was construction going on in Fajardo and the run off entered the bay and ruined it but it's coming back slowly.

I heard from many people that they were still taking tourist there and they were disappointed and no refunds were given.

Thank you everyone:) I am very grateful Celebrity notified us this far in advance. We have over a month to find something else. I was considering looking into private tours but since the bay is not glowing then i'll have to find something else.