Promenade stateroom?

Hi all, I'm trying to decide between a promenade view stateroom and a standard ocean view stateroom on a Voyager class ship. Does anyone have any preference for one over the other please? Are the promenade staterooms noisy at all? Any information and recommendations would be appreciated. :)

We had a promenade on VOS last March and have booked another for VOS April 2015:),

These rooms are excellent value, the only noise is when they have the parades and it ist that noisy due to the huge bay windows are double glazed.

Best position is on deck 8. but any deck 6 7 8 is good.

Be a where that the PR cabins directly next to the walkways are smaller.

PR cabins would be better than a standard oceanview as they have a couch built into the bay window.

You can never see much from an oceanview but PR cabins are great for watching the comings and goings because The Promenade is the centre of attraction.

We found the forward PRs (still midship) are such easy access to the pool and adult pool areas a few floors above.

Edited by fishtaco

Hi all, I'm trying to decide between a promenade view stateroom and a standard ocean view stateroom on a Voyager class ship. Does anyone have any preference for one over the other please? Are the promenade staterooms noisy at all? Any information and recommendations would be appreciated. :)

Thanks for asking as I'm also interested having booked one for the 3-night sampler in February 2015! Mine's booked on Deck 7, a little closer to the Coffee Shop in the Promenade! :)

Thanks for asking as I'm also interested having booked one for the 3-night sampler in February 2015! Mine's booked on Deck 7, a little closer to the Coffee Shop in the Promenade! :)

Hi Gae, you wont be disappointed ;)

Our first was on deck 7 and around the area above the coffee shop. great location and easy to grab a snack or coffee/tea to take back to the cabin.

It is just so easy to get anywhere from that location:)

I'm not such a fan, as I like to see what's going on outside, and daylight, rather than just the promenade.

They suit some, and not others, so it's really personal preference.

I also don't like that others can see inside your room if you open the curtains.

I'm not such a fan, as I like to see what's going on outside, and daylight, rather than just the promenade.

They suit some, and not others, so it's really personal preference.

I also don't like that others can see inside your room if you open the curtains.

Thats the best part watching others in the opposite PR rooms :D:D:D

Not a lot going on outside that can be viewed through a cabin window on sea days:)

But seriously given the price of these cabins they are pretty good value, mine reminded me more of an atrium hotel room than an inside cruise cabin, it wasnt like staying in any inside cabin I have had and I didnt miss the natural light like other insides.

They are worth trying out as some like myself will choose them over an OV anyday.

We had a promenade cabin on our NYE cruise and we really liked it as well. We were on deck 8 kinda opposite guest services. very handy if we needed to go there, cause we could see how long the line was.:D

It was great for people watching and also seeing what was going on in the promenade. We had a great view of the balloons going up on NYE also

We have booked another promenade cabin again for this year, and this time we are on deck 6 opposite the pig and whistle. I think these cabins are great value also.

Deidre:)

We had a PR cabin on Voyager on the New Year's cruise to the NZ & the South Pacific. We were on Deck 7 opposite the General Store. Had no issues with any noise. Enjoyed people watching overlooking the comings and goings in the Royal Promenade. Also watched them putting up the balloons for the NYE balloon drop.