Shareholder benefits restriction

manunia

my shareholder OBC was declined because i booked a cruise as a single without paying double occupancy

i have been trying to find information about restrictions for shareholder benefits, was not able, would appreciate any help

my shareholder OBC was declined because i booked a cruise as a single without paying double occupancy

i have been trying to find information about restrictions for shareholder benefits, was not able, would appreciate any help

CLICK HERE for the PDF info.

I would fax or email a copy of the PDF with my proof of ownership if denied.

Edited by PaulMedik

Ahh the fine print gets you every time!

"This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. "

I'd suspect that Carnival would consider the waiving of the single supplement and reducing the cabin rate to a single occupancy a "reduced rate". Given a choice between the two I'd choose the single occupancy rate :)

Edited by UpstateCruizer

Ahh the fine print gets you every time!

"This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. "

I'd suspect that Carnival would consider the waiving of the single supplement and reducing the cabin rate to a single occupancy a "reduced rate". Given a choice between the two I'd choose the single occupancy rate :)

UpstateCruizer,

I'd still send it in and point out that single rate isn't reduced, it's simply not doubled. ;)

i was planning to fight for it, decided to check with forum first to see if anybody else had to deal with it...

PaulMedik - i saw your pictures from Breeze review - loved all of them as well as comments:)

I looked over some of the info on this but couldn't get an answer, so I turn to you. Would it matter if the shares were held in a retirement account?

No. Mine are in an IRA. If you own the IRA or other retirement account, you are the owner of the shares.

PaulMedik - i saw your pictures from Breeze review - loved all of them as well as comments:)

manunia,

Thank you. :)

I looked over some of the info on this but couldn't get an answer, so I turn to you. Would it matter if the shares were held in a retirement account?

mts315,

No; as long as the account is in your name. Even if it's a joint account you can get the OBC if your name is listed, but you can't double dip with your wife on the same account. My DW and I both own shares in separate accounts and we book in separate rooms so we can both get the credit. (we need more than one room for our sons who cruise with us and we just switch the room assignments around once on board and the credit comes with her).

I work for one of the big Wall Street firms and much of my business involves managing assets on a fee basis. So clients in these accounts pay a flat fee per year and don't pay commissions.

If one had this sort of account and wanted to be sneaky, they could buy at no cost, print a real time copy of the online statement, and immediately sell it at a profit or loss, depending. Then, simply submit the online statement printout showing the holdings.

FWIW, I do own CCL and RCL stock and have for a number of years.

Disclaimer: The preceding is not a recommendation for or against CCL or RCL stock or any other securities, an offer to buy or sell securities or a solicitation.

Disclaimer: The preceding is not a recommendation for or against CCL or RCL stock or any other securities, an offer to buy or sell securities or a solicitation.

StockJock,

I have bought and sold CCL many times and always make sure we own enough shares to generate a report that will suffice for proof of ownership. The amount we've made just in OBC would pay for the current cost of 100 shares.

Disclaimer: The preceding is a recommendation for CCL stock, but not for any other stock or any other securities, an offer to buy or sell securities or a solicitation. It is also based only on my own experience; your results may vary.

I cruised on Fascination last weekend with no solo supplement and got the shareholder credit.

How did you determine that no solo supplement fare was the reason for denial? Just curious.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

The document states that it only goes through February 28th. I'm hoping that the new one didn't just come out with changes on it (and isn't on the CCL website yet).

Edited by winddawn

I booked the single no supplement rate in November and I did get the OBC. Now that the no supplement rates have been out for a while and are being more widely used, I guess Carnival now considers this a discount and is not allowing the OBC.

They should at least apply half the OBC.