Where are the Carnival Ecstasy Reviews??

Hi Guys,

I am sailing her in a few months and have been scouring the boards for reviews but they have been few and far between. I love to sail ships vicariously before I actually board them and reviews(especially picture reviews:)) always help me do that.

Can anyone point me to some.

Thanks in advance.:D

We sailed her last year and it was "okay". Very clean ship in good repair. We did encounter significant waits for any time dining compared to previous cruises, it was a bit crazy to wait in line for a pager for 30 - 45 minutes and then the same for a table and it did not seem to matter when you arrived. (Elegant night had a long line before the dining room even opened - crazy!) Entertainment wasn't the best, but there was enough to do to keep busy.

Here are my notes from day 3, I never got the rest typed up:

The day started off eventful - we were stuck in an elevator on the way to breakfast. My husband, myself, and two of our daughters were riding up to the Lido deck when the elevator car didn't quite make it and we were trapped between two floors with another child about 10 - 12 years old, who luckily took it in stride. For the first time in my life I had reason to use the call button and wherever it rang seemed to expect it to be a prank call and it took them a couple of moments and me repeating myself for them to understand that we were serious, the car wasn't moving, the doors weren't moving, and we needed some help PRONTO! (Add to this that I am claustrophobic and it doesn't help at all!)

Help arrived after several minutes and they called out to us and reset whatever need resetting and we descended back to the floor below. Everyone, including our new little friend, decided that we were done with elevators and should take the stairs.

After breakfast we rounded everyone up and headed to Nassau. After Freeport, we really had no expectations but were pleasantly surprised. We hadn't booked an excursion but we had printed off both Scubagirl's walking tour and the Frommer's one and had those and the maps with us. I have to recommend doing this and having at least a decent tourist map with landmarks indicated with you just in case, no matter what you plan to do.

We decided to start off with a carriage ride and were glad we did as it hit most of the major sites and helped us orient ourselves. We were charged $10 each and our little one was free. Note that as soon as we entered the carriages that a helper offered to take our picture for us and then waited for a tip - keep in mind that in the Bahamas nothing is free and no one is going to do anything without expecting a tip in return. My advice would be to pick and choose your offers and what you want to accept and then politely decline the rest. We were constantly offered various services but everyone accepted a polite "no thank you" and a smile and moved on.

The carriage ride was informative and a fun way to start our day ashore, and then we started a modified version of the walking tour. We visited several sites and took many pictures. We were just 2 days early for their big 40th Independence Day celebration and there was plenty going on and the town was decorated for the event.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

We sailed her last year and it was "okay". Very clean ship in good repair. We did encounter significant waits for any time dining compared to previous cruises, it was a bit crazy to wait in line for a pager for 30 - 45 minutes and then the same for a table and it did not seem to matter when you arrived. (Elegant night had a long line before the dining room even opened - crazy!) Entertainment wasn't the best, but there was enough to do to keep busy.

Here are my notes from day 3, I never got the rest typed up:

The day started off eventful - we were stuck in an elevator on the way to breakfast. My husband, myself, and two of our daughters were riding up to the Lido deck when the elevator car didn't quite make it and we were trapped between two floors with another child about 10 - 12 years old, who luckily took it in stride. For the first time in my life I had reason to use the call button and wherever it rang seemed to expect it to be a prank call and it took them a couple of moments and me repeating myself for them to understand that we were serious, the car wasn't moving, the doors weren't moving, and we needed some help PRONTO! (Add to this that I am claustrophobic and it doesn't help at all!)

Help arrived after several minutes and they called out to us and reset whatever need resetting and we descended back to the floor below. Everyone, including our new little friend, decided that we were done with elevators and should take the stairs.

After breakfast we rounded everyone up and headed to Nassau. After Freeport, we really had no expectations but were pleasantly surprised. We hadn't booked an excursion but we had printed off both Scubagirl's walking tour and the Frommer's one and had those and the maps with us. I have to recommend doing this and having at least a decent tourist map with landmarks indicated with you just in case, no matter what you plan to do.

We decided to start off with a carriage ride and were glad we did as it hit most of the major sites and helped us orient ourselves. We were charged $10 each and our little one was free. Note that as soon as we entered the carriages that a helper offered to take our picture for us and then waited for a tip - keep in mind that in the Bahamas nothing is free and no one is going to do anything without expecting a tip in return. My advice would be to pick and choose your offers and what you want to accept and then politely decline the rest. We were constantly offered various services but everyone accepted a polite "no thank you" and a smile and moved on.

The carriage ride was informative and a fun way to start our day ashore, and then we started a modified version of the walking tour. We visited several sites and took many pictures. We were just 2 days early for their big 40th Independence Day celebration and there was plenty going on and the town was decorated for the event.

Thanks for the info.

Being stuck in an elevator must have been a bit nerve racking.:eek:

I pretty much failed at pictures of the actual ship because I'm lame, but I did a review of our December cruise which you can find here. It's a great old ship, very clean and well-maintained in spite of its age, and the crew did a great job.

We've been on the Ecstasy a couple of times when she was out of Port Canaveral. We have a favorable opinion of her. Well maintained, attentive crew and good service. I imagine that has all transferred to Miami.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have sailed on her twice when she used to sail round trip out of Galveston, TX.

My wife put slide shows together for her website of both cruises. You are more than welcome to take a look at them by clicking on the links in my signature block below.

Happy cruising. It's a great way to see the world!

Being stuck was nerve racking, but definitely encouraged us to us the steps as much as possible! :p Could have been worse, the kid who was on with us took it all in stride and was a funny little dude.

Edited by CatlinSTJ

Hi Guys,

I am sailing her in a few months and have been scouring the boards for reviews but they have been few and far between. I love to sail ships vicariously before I actually board them and reviews(especially picture reviews:)) always help me do that.

I'm surprised that they ship is still in rotation! That was the very first one I cruised on. So much fun!!!

Being stuck was nerve racking, but definitely encouraged us to us the steps as much as possible! :p Could have been worse, the kid who was on with us took it all in stride and was a funny little dude.

I guess it was a catalyst for getting in some excercise while on the cruise.:)

We have sailed on her twice when she used to sail round trip out of Galveston, TX.

My wife put slide shows together for her website of both cruises. You are more than welcome to take a look at them by clicking on the links in my signature block below.

Happy cruising. It's a great way to see the world!

Thanks for the link. Really nice pics.

I pretty much failed at pictures of the actual ship because I'm lame, but I did a review of our December cruise which you can find here. It's a great old ship, very clean and well-maintained in spite of its age, and the crew did a great job.

Thank you so much. That was a great "fix" for my new Ecstasy addiction.;):p

Go to top of this page, print in shy girl goes to sea. You'll find Tricia's review with pictures.

Tricia hasn't posted in quite a while, wonder what happened.:confused:

I started the review last night and it was really good. :)

I go back tonight to finish it but can't seem to access it.:(

Hey Bajan Keith!

I sailed on ecstasy last year out of Port Canaveral. I did a short review on her. I am also sailing her again at the end of this month out of Miami. I will do another review and will try and add pictures this time! Obviously I enjoyed the ship and crew so much, that I"m going back on again :)

I can send you some pics that I have of her, just not sure how to do it on here. If you want to send me your email, I will give you what you like. Also, try Pictorial Review: Carnival Ecstasy 12/12/13 PLUS a B2B with Brilliance of the Seas!!!

THis was a nice short review with some pics of the ecstasy!

Hi Guys,

Just off the Ecstasy yesterday morning. I wasn't planning on doing a review - because I had the same problem as you in the weeks before doing my cruise and just assumed since I found no reviews, nobody was that interested in that ship/itinerary. I'll do a short review, just for you! ;) I'll try my best to have it up by late afternoon.

Just off the Ecstasy yesterday morning. I wasn't planning on doing a review - because I had the same problem as you in the weeks before doing my cruise and just assumed since I found no reviews, nobody was that interested in that ship/itinerary. I'll do a short review, just for you! ;) I'll try my best to have it up by late afternoon.

Thanks DalesWife...I really appreciate that:) I have been searching all over for reviews.

I am really looking forward to yours

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks DalesWife...I really appreciate that:) I have been searching all over for reviews.

I am really looking forward to yours

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

What itinerary are you going on? I think the Ecstasy rotates itinerary between the bahamas and Mexico...I might be able to post the Fun Times for you.

Just got off Ecstasy on Friday, Feb 28th. We did the 4 day (Monday to Friday). Like the other poster said, I didn't find many reviews so didn't think anyone was interested. I'll post up a review and the Fun Times tonight after work. Had a great time! :)