So what happens if Carnival cancels your cruise?? Has this happened to you??

We were also supposed to be on the first Sunshine cruise. We were told the rate we paid would be guaranteed on a cruise of the same length plus 25% off. The problem arose when we started asking about other cruises of the same length which DID NOT EXIST. I tried asking about a B2B or one that was a day more or a day less, and they would not budge.

We did get compensation for changing our flights, etc which was fair, but as another poster said, we had 3 weeks to re-organize our trip to Europe that we had spent MONTHS planning.

We just booked on the repo on the Pride in March 2015 with our guaranteed rate! Because of an upgrade fairy call for the Sunshine cruise, we are getting a SUITE on the repo!

I doubt they move you to the magic. She's scheduled for dry dock Feb thru April 2015

I think that just came from speculation that the Magic would move from Galveston to Ft Lauderdale. Freedom has been rumored to be dry docked for months now...or at least that what I understand from reading online. Seems to keep getting extended. Guess we wont know for sure until it actually happens...and I hope thats sooner than later!!

You are correct, usually its a minimum of 6 months out and some major airlines are further out than that. I have no idea when they will announce if they are moving it(if they really are) so it could be after we have purchased airfare.

Plenty of airlines will sell tickets 300 days out actually

We had a B2B booked on the Freedom when it was originally announced that it was going to drydock for 40+ some days. We also had our airfare booked to FLL. Talk about panic. Carnival basically gave us the same letter as posted above. Call and rebook, similar cabins similar rates. $50 OBC and airfare change reimbursements. No mention of additional percentage off future cruise though.

The only problem was that there were no other cruises thru Carnival leaving FLL for our timeframe. We had to look at Miami and now the extra cost of transfers arrangements (which Carnival won't reimburse).

We only had deposits down for both cruises so we ended up booking the Carnival Liberty and are now back to back with the new NCL Getaway which actually turned out to be cheaper than our original B2B on the Freedom was going to cost us. Carnival refunded one of the deposits and transfered the other (we were booked ES too).

We were lucky to match up our originally booked flight arrangements but I'm not sure that would have happened in all cases.

We have travel insurance but didn't have to use it because everything worked out.

We had a B2B booked on the Freedom when it was originally announced that it was going to drydock for 40+ some days. We also had our airfare booked to FLL. Talk about panic. Carnival basically gave us the same letter as posted above. Call and rebook, similar cabins similar rates. $50 OBC and airfare change reimbursements. No mention of additional percentage off future cruise though.

The only problem was that there were no other cruises thru Carnival leaving FLL for our timeframe. We had to look at Miami and now the extra cost of transfers arrangements (which Carnival won't reimburse).

We only had deposits down for both cruises so we ended up booking the Carnival Liberty and are now back to back with the new NCL Getaway which actually turned out to be cheaper than our original B2B on the Freedom was going to cost us. Carnival refunded one of the deposits and transfered the other (we were booked ES too).

We were lucky to match up our originally booked flight arrangements but I'm not sure that would have happened in all cases.

We have travel insurance but didn't have to use it because everything worked out.

My concern is if Freedom does go to Galveston on the 2nd leg of our B2B and we're canceled, we still have the 1st leg of our B2B going. Don't want 2nd leg on another ship since it would no longer be an actual B2B.

Plenty of airlines will sell tickets 300 days out actually

The major airlines will book 330 days out. The budget airlines like Southwest, Air Tran, etc. will go less than 6 months.