Oasis of the Seas: your favorite day 1 lunch spot

I liked the Solarium best for both breakfast and lunch any day. It was quieter, and the salad choices were even better than the Park Cafe salad. You can get the roast beef sandwich later, when it's not so packed.

When I cruised on the Oasis, I had lunch at the Park Cafe. We were on the ship early, so it was not crowded. Lunch was great - we had the much loved roast beef sandwiches.

However, I found something was missing. The excitement, hustle and bustle that only comes with lunch in the Windjammer. On our upcoming cruise on the Allure we will be heading to the Windjammer.

We've eaten at three options on day 1 lunch: Park Café, Solarium Café, and Giovanni's. All three unique and all three delicious. Had to go to the Windjammer once on a family cruise. They didn't understand the other venues were great and offered tons. :( Wow! It was busy! Will not do that again if we can help it.

Park Café is not a well kept secret anymore, so it gets busy as well. The Solarium and Giovanni's are much quieter. Of course, Giovanni's will require you to probably be using your SeaPass card for the first time of the cruise since there is a fee for eating there. ;)

Edited by denamo

Solarium cafe was dead when we boarded Allure. Got there around 1pm. Another spot to check, which we liked for a less crowded breakfast or lunch was wipe out cafe up near the basketball court.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you arrive early... Windjammer! Last year aboard Allure it appeared that everyone ran to Park Café, and avoided Windjammer. Now after 1:00 Windjammer did get very busy.

Overall aboard Allure I found Park Café packed everyday, rarely finding a seat inside. Being a June sailing it was very hot sitting in Central Park. I'm sure at other times of the year sitting outside in Central Park would be very nice, though.

Line was way too long at the Park Cafe. (on Allure) So ended up at the Windjammer; but since we had wandered around so much it was a late lunch and the crowd had thinned. So it seems like it's the luck of the draw. Look around and choose what appeals at the time. You have all week to try the rest.

Edited by Gayle V

what is the lunch time charge at Giovanni's? Also where can I find a menu?

Thanks!

Bev

Here's the menu. The first part is lunch and the second part is dinner:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

Last I heard, lunch was $15 and dinner was $20.

Edited by clarea