USAir-Please tell me I didn't make a mistake!

cbabe

I'm booked with USAir next year roundtrip PHL -LAX. I'm flying in the day before my cruise, however, I'm returning the same day as we arrive in port. Is 1pm too early a flight?

Remember, one of the conditions of the merger calls for USAir to retire 50-60 airplanes, so schedules can be revised. Are you taking luggage?

Yes we are, probably one each to check in and one -two carry - ons a piece

Remember, one of the conditions of the merger calls for USAir to retire 50-60 airplanes, so schedules can be revised. Are you taking luggage?

The merger is front page headlines in the Phoenix papers. And the local talk-what can I say. Not overly positive on a lot of fronts. There will be a LOT of growing pains. The FA's and mechanics are NOT happy in Phoenix. Has to do with seniority, unions, etc.

Hopefully, everything will work out OK. I would really like to be able to get on a plane for overseas and only have one stop (NYC), rather than DFW, NYC or BOS and then onto the transatlantic flight. But I will find it very hard to give up the perks on AA. And fly those 737's out of Phoenix??? I don't know.

I just returned from Philadelphia last week. Booked a United flight (no availability at a reasonable price on AA). United shifted me on to USAir. I will tell you-NEVER again. Lost my luggage, only had one person to handle 50+ passengers who also had lost luggage. One guy even called the local TV station-it was the fourth time in 6 weeks he had flown PHX/PHL and they had lost his luggage 3 out of 4 times.

Yes, they finally found all my luggage. And drove it over 100 miles to my office. Now THAT was a waste of money on their part. No wonder they are in bankruptcy. Should have ensured all the luggage was on the plane when it left PHL, instead of having to deliver luggage to 50+ people. I was speaking to the luggage delivery guy and he said the most lost luggage they deliver in Arizona is US Air.

The flight was fine. No problems. The plane was even clean. But it has been nightmare after nightmare with luggage, since the Christmas fiasco in PHL. How about shipping your stuff to LA and only taking carryon's? May cost a few dollars, but you could do it Priority Mail and for a 50 pound box (with your suitcase in it)-about $85.00. Regular 7 day parcel post was about $40.00. Something to think about-I would be devastated if my cruise clothes went missing at the airport. Then you could check it on the way home.

Hi All,

Thanks for your input. That's an idea about shipping the luggage, to which I will give serious thought. My DH's son lives out there. We planned on visting him while in the area. I just hope to avoid the USAir luggage nightmare.

Archived