Rhapsody Handicap Cabin 8558 noise

Appears the deck 9 Ladies Room facilities are above this cabin. Not directly above, but are they close enough to cause any noise above 8558? Who's been there? Thanks!

We were in a JS under the Ladies room on EN recently and water was constantly running above our heads. We called it the "Aqua Suite".

R&D

:(. Hopefully this is a non-issue, seeing as Rhapsody of the Seas differs in various ways to Enchantment of the Seas (even pre-stretching). Rhapsody & Vision of the Seas are sister ships, while the rest of the Vision-class ships differ in a number of ways. I'll be staying around this area of the ship soon, so I'll subscribe to this thread to remind me to post back when I've experienced the possible 'Aqua Suite'.

Was the running water noise much of an issue on EN at night time/early morning?

PS: Maybe RCI could theme the cabin with water-based bedding, etc, along the lines of the Freedom-class B&J 'Sweet' and cow theming ;).

Was the running water noise much of an issue on EN at night time/early morning?

PS: Maybe RCI could theme the cabin with water-based bedding, etc, along the lines of the Freedom-class B&J 'Sweet' and cow theming ;).

And bring back one of the aquariums they used to have on board.

It seemed to run 24/7. Maybe it's a water line associated with one of the pools just above us?

Been in the HC JS cabins on Vision (8550.) That deck is right under the pool deck and you can hear chairs, carts, etc. being moved around. But the larger WC accessible balcony makes it worth it in our opinion.

...subscribing since we are booked in 8056 on Rhapsody in June. I've been worried about the ping pong tables, but hadn't even thought about being in an "aqua suite!"

...subscribing since we are booked in 8056 on Rhapsody in June. I've been worried about the ping pong tables, but hadn't even thought about being in an "aqua suite!"

We also heard the ping pong. It was also quite a distraction.

Rick and Deirdra

We also heard the ping pong. It was also quite a distraction.

Rick and Deirdra

Eek! :eek: Did it go on all the time? I've been hoping it will be too windy for much play - maybe all the little ping pong balls will blow overboard. On the other hand, it seems like every cabin on deck 8 has its own special noise issues. I always travel with earplugs anyway!

• 1 month later...

I've since returned home from cruising with family members in stateroom 8558 - I didn't really notice any running water noise. I think the ladies public toilets adjacent the Solarium is more above 8552/8554/8556. There were some other kinds of infrequent noises in 8558, though

Through a 11 night cruise, the sound of deck chairs moving was present sometimes - although this wasn't every day and never during late night/early mornings (unless I slept through it?).

Inside stateroom 8558, there was a strange subdued banging on one of the walls at irregular intervals. It almost sounds like somebody in the stateroom adjacent is knocking on the wall, however the wall is fire separated from the next stateroom & we did a test to see if we could hear knocking from next door - we couldn't (don't worry, it was more of our family the adjacent stateroom 8556, not strangers!)

Perhaps the memorable cabin noise of the cruise is the sounds of the room service trolley (I think ... too frequent for housekeeping). This one would sound like a jumbo jet flying overhead. But even this one didn't really disturb me during sleep.

Edited by marquisite

• 1 year later...