Ruins Questions - Sea Sick Concerns

Colorado Buffalo

first off.... I've read warnings that the ferry ride to the mainland can have rough waters which can cause nasty sea sickness...

how often does this happen ? is there a time of the year when the sea is at it's worst ? We will be there April 8th-

then.... which is better Tulum or Coba ? why ??

also ... our 5 year old daughter will be with us - will this be ok for her ?

DH and I took a ferry ride from the mainland to Coz a few years ago. I was about 6 weeks pregnant with DD, so that may not have helped but I did get sick. I get motion sickness fairly easily and take sea sick meds on cruises. DH got queasy but did not throw up. We went in mid May.

As far as ruins, I have only been to Tulum. It is beautiful there because the ruins are near the beach and overlook it at one point. I have heard Coba is nice too, more historical.

I have been to Mexico 5 times now (Puerta Vallarta, Riveria Maya and Coz x2)- always in Mid to late April to mid may and it is very very HOT. Pack lots of sunscreen and be prepared. Especially since you have your daughter with you.

Try ginger pills works for my sea sickness and I get it horrible from a head injury i suffered...as for the ruins...I have been to Chicten Itza in Cancun and they were by far the most amazing things I have ever seen...Tantalum will be a first for me...Hope your trip is great!:o

Coba is a longer day - your 5-year old will prefer Tulumn because of the beach time after the tour. The ferry ride is rough because of the size of the ferries, and the local water/weather conditions.