Drink package

cherry30

It was in a private Facebook group. It definitely said cocktails.

When I was on the star in January the bar manager said something re beverage package being in the works. So I thought it could be true but I have had no luck getting confirmation.

It was in a private Facebook group. It definitely said cocktails.

When I was on the star in January the bar manager said something re beverage package being in the works. So I thought it could be true but I have had no luck getting confirmation.

Even in a private group, if you can read it, you can cut and paste it. Let's see what it says. I haven't heard anything about increasing the price range. I'm not sure how many more drinks it would add by increasing by $1.50, but anything helps.

I still think that if you want a drink that is over the cost limit, NCL should only charge you the difference. You pay A LOT of money for the UBP and if you want a $10 drink and they only cover $8.50, they should be fine just charging you the extra $1.50.

Thankfully, (based on reports), there are many savvy bartenders who manage to make any drink work within the UBP.

Thankfully, (based on reports), there are many savvy bartenders who manage to make any drink work within the UBP.
They can switch brands around in mixed drinks, but if you really want that XO cognac or some 20 year old whisky, I think their hands are tied…
I just saw someone off the epic post that the drink package now included cocktails up to $10.00. If so the decision is now easy.
I don't think the decision is all that hard for most people, but it would be easier if NCL would make their minds up about how they want this package to work, announce the rules, and stick to them. Or at least update the info on their website as they continue to tweak the details of the package.

As it is, I would recommend to everyone not to buy the package ahead of time and wait until you get on board so you can find out exactly what unpredictable modifications to the rules they have decided to dream up just for your cruise. Then make up your mind.