Jet Ski Confusion

kbirkhead

We will be in Nassau next Friday on a short cruise (party of 6) and are very interested in renting Jet Skiis. I know there have been lots of discussions about the dangers but we have rented in the Bahamas and Caribbean before and are experienced riders.

Do they offer these at Junakoo? If not, do they offer them at a beach that you do not have to buy a hotel day pass? We don't want to spend any extra money as we are planning on spending most of the day doing our own walking tour or playing on Junakoo. Just really want to get the jet skiis in while we are there.

I know there are several threads I am just super confused!

We will be in Nassau next Friday on a short cruise (party of 6) and are very interested in renting Jet Skiis. I know there have been lots of discussions about the dangers but we have rented in the Bahamas and Caribbean before and are experienced riders.

Do they offer these at Junakoo? If not, do they offer them at a beach that you do not have to buy a hotel day pass? We don't want to spend any extra money as we are planning on spending most of the day doing our own walking tour or playing on Junakoo. Just really want to get the jet skiis in while we are there.

I know there are several threads I am just super confused!

No jet skis allowed at Junkanoo, since it's inner harbour. You can find jet ski's at the Free beach at paradise Island (cabbage beach).. thing is.. the water is not always calm enough to even get into the water. So it's hit or miss.

Other place for jet ski's is cable Beach.. but you need a day pass at either wyndham or Melia to access them.

As far as danger.. doesn't matter if you know how to ride. Problem is that there are too many drivers and the beaches are congested with swimmers and snorkelers. We have serious.. if not fatal accidents on a regular basis.

Hotels DO NOT take responsibility for Jet ski and they are uninsured.

Drivers must have a valid license.