Cabin possibilities for rollaway beds

triple7tahoe

We have an adult daughter that, for various reasons, does not have a regular travel partner. We have asked her if she would like to cruise with us for an upcoming cruise. The only problem-None of us wants to take the "upper bunk". We have done this in the past with promises of who will take the bunk but it often turns out that someone else volunteers. I have read that Princess does have some rollaway beds on the ships-Have any of you used them and, if so, what types of cabins would they fit in? We have travelled in every category of cabin and just cannot imagine a rollaway in an inside. I called Princess and they said mini-suite and deluxe balcony are the only cabins that would hold a rollaway. Not that I don't believed every word I hear from Princess;) I just figured the experts are on this board. Thanks.

We have an adult daughter that, for various reasons, does not have a regular travel partner. We have asked her if she would like to cruise with us for an upcoming cruise. The only problem-None of us wants to take the "upper bunk". We have done this in the past with promises of who will take the bunk but it often turns out that someone else volunteers. I have read that Princess does have some rollaway beds on the ships-Have any of you used them and, if so, what types of cabins would they fit in? We have travelled in every category of cabin and just cannot imagine a rollaway in an inside. I called Princess and they said mini-suite and deluxe balcony are the only cabins that would hold a rollaway. Not that I don't believed every word I hear from Princess;) I just figured the experts are on this board. Thanks.

We experienced a rollaway in the Caribbean on the CB in a reg balcony cabin. It was very tight. The head of the rollaway had to be partially up on the main bed and the foot was jammed up against the glass balcony door. Total fire hazard and nobody could move. Had an upper bunk as well. :eek: Never again. There were 4 of us and it was a last minute booking.

My son ended up putting the rollaway out on the balcony the 3rd night. It was stored folded up behind the curtain on the non working side of the balcony glass door.

Availability of rollaways is very limited and is at the discretion of Princess.

If they allowed it, it would be the same fit in an inside/outside/balcony cabin.

Other then the Royal I have no idea what a deluxe balcony would be because they are all the same.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We were in the same boat. We have a 17 year old daughter traveling with us so booked a mini suite. She will have the pull out couch and there is a curtain between the bed and couch for a little privacy for all of us.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

We were in the same boat. We have a 17 year old daughter traveling with us so booked a mini suite. She will have the pull out couch and there is a curtain between the bed and couch for a little privacy for all of us.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

On the Royal?

While not me personally, but we had a large group travel to Alaska and in one the Caribe balcony cabins, there were 3 women in their 60's in one cabin and no one wanted the upper bed. So they got a roll away that they would put on the balcony folded up then at turn down the steward would bring in and set up.

Of course there was not any adverse weather on this trip. I do understand it was tight but they did prefer it to the alternative.