Next cruise / open booking - xfer to family?

Hello my cruising experts.

Because of the great 3rd/4th free promo right now, I have talked some family members in to joining us for a cruise this November. We have already used an open booking for our sailing. I still have two more unused open bookings. Can I transfer those to others for their rooms or does my name need to remain associated with the bookings?

Paul

I believe the rules are that at least one name from the original booking must remain on the final reservation to keep people from booking popular cruises and selling the bookings for profit ... though if I am wrong, I'm sure I'll be swiftly corrected.

We let some friends use one of our open booking certs last summer. I just called and gave RCI the cert number and my friend's name, then she called with the certificate number and booked. We were not on the cruise with her & her DH. It was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Brit-Cruiser

I believe the rules are that at least one name from the original booking must remain on the final reservation to keep people from booking popular cruises and selling the bookings for profit ... though if I am wrong, I'm sure I'll be swiftly corrected.

Since Certificates for Family & Friends have been eliminated the new Policy when creating a NC booking is that you can create up to 3 NC bookings while on board, and then you can transfer them to F&F when you are home.

Here is the link that was posted on May 13, 2013 describing the changes NEW Decide Later Open Booking Program

Edited by cruisenfever