Tuscan winery tour

irishayes

The wineries I have visited are all pretty small affairs, places that only take a small, family-sized group at one time. They're not set up to handle bus loads all at one time - they're really in the wine business, not the tour business.

That said, there must be some who can handle larger groups. I've never heard of them picking up and bringing back their customers, however. It will be interesting to learn if anyone else has.

I just pulled up the web site of the largest one I've been to, Fattoria dei Barbi. They do accept large groups; unfortunately, they're located in Montalcino which is two - two and a half hours from Livorno.

http://www.fattoriadeibarbi.it/?sez=prodotti&ss=cantina&art=1

Edited by euro cruiser

Okay, for that you'd probably be best to contact one of the private car services. They'll put together whatever kind of day you want. At least one offers a tour share sign up on their site, but the ones I've read about having the most success sign up on the roll call for their sailing and find other CC members to join the tour with them.

• 2 months later...

I will second that. We used Guido several years ago for two days. The first day we went to San Gimignano and Siena, and the second day we did a tour to see the Vinci museum, his birth place, and a tour of a family owned winery where we had lunch with the family. It was a very nice day and Guido is very knowledgable, especially about wine.