Breakaway embarking from Port Canaveral

elliemaej

Maybe I missed a thread on this. I was checking NCLs site today to see if any cabins opened up for our 3/16 cruise and noticed another option for BA. It shows as a 7 day, Tue to Tue, cruise on BA beginning in PC.

They must be using this as another way to fill the ship? Not sure how many southerners would want to cruise to NY in March, though. :-)

NCL is offering that on 3/25 and 4/1 sailing also at CC to "fill" the unsold cabins, but only for Balcony & Mini Suites, and pretty expensive for such last minute offers. My understanding is that they are also boarding some UK travelers boarding at CC.

The BA is sailing mostly with folks in NY heading south to get away from this wintry weather - and, what & how much can you do/see for a 6+ hour port stop in NY. But, we've seen that in the past & surely, NCL will do what they can to sail her ships full with revenue pax.

Maybe I missed a thread on this. I was checking NCLs site today to see if any cabins opened up for our 3/16 cruise and noticed another option for BA. It shows as a 7 day, Tue to Tue, cruise on BA beginning in PC.

They must be using this as another way to fill the ship? Not sure how many southerners would want to cruise to NY in March, though. :-)

I'm one of those southerners that would be willing to do it if I had the money and time. I would love to cruise on the Breakaway but don't feel like flying into NYC to do it. I cruised the Gem doing the same ports and so if I did the Breakaway it would be for the ship and not the ports. But I'd much rather board it driving distance from me instead of having to fly to and from NYC.

True. Well ... PC sailing wasn't showing as an option last month either and apparently, NCL just added it for this March's sailing. Go to NCL & search to see, $1149 or $1199 p/p for balcony and $1,249 or $1,469 for MiniSuite p/p for this NY-Florida/GSC/Bahamas 7 nighter. Using our TA's tools, I showed $200 OBC so it would be $2,488 for 2 in B3 category - could easily do 2 MIA 7 nights sailings with other NCL ships at that price point.

Offering the option again on 2 sailings for April, nothing yet for future sailings. Hurry :D ;)