Over The Moon Happy!!!

djmess

I am so incredibly happy right now. Was able to take advantage of Norwegians Kids Sail Free (kids of ALL ages) promotion for my Jan 2015 Getaway Cruise.

This trip will be an incredible celebration. I'm currently going through breast cancer treatment, which I will come through with flying colors, just so everyone knows how hard I'm fighting and how positive I'm going to remain. It is also going to be a celebration of my 50th Birthday!

Well, I just upgraded my self and a couple family members from 2 inside cabins. Our usual mode of cruise travel. We are generally of the philosophy of cruise more often in steerage. To a Haven 2 bedroom family Villa. It really is not that much more when able to take advantage of the 3rd-5th person as "free".

Yes, we will have 5 people, but we've cruised 4 in an inside before, so this will be absolute luxury! I am over the moon happy!!!!

Have a wonderful birthday cruise with your family!!

Keep up the fight. You will do it!!

Best Wishes for everything :)

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I truly understand your excitement because we used the same promo to upgrade from two oceanview staterooms to a two bedroom aft facing penthouse on Pride of America. Our cruise is to celebrate our friends 30th wedding anniversary and a 66th birthday. The suite is small with tiny bathroom but the fabulous balcony makes up for everything. We just can't stop smiling.

Best wishes and cheers for positive thinking during your treatment. How wonderful to have the Getaway and a two bedroom haven suite for your celebration and 50th Birthday.

I am so incredibly happy right now. Was able to take advantage of Norwegians Kids Sail Free (kids of ALL ages) promotion for my Jan 2015 Getaway Cruise.

This trip will be an incredible celebration. I'm currently going through breast cancer treatment, which I will come through with flying colors, just so everyone knows how hard I'm fighting and how positive I'm going to remain. It is also going to be a celebration of my 50th Birthday!

Well, I just upgraded my self and a couple family members from 2 inside cabins. Our usual mode of cruise travel. We are generally of the philosophy of cruise more often in steerage. To a Haven 2 bedroom family Villa. It really is not that much more when able to take advantage of the 3rd-5th person as "free".

Yes, we will have 5 people, but we've cruised 4 in an inside before, so this will be absolute luxury! I am over the moon happy!!!!

Good for you! You'll have agreat time on the Getaway!

Just as an FYI, NCL doesn't give you the extra point per night for Latitudes if you upgrade to a suite...you have to make the initial booking into the suite. As long as your TA/PCC canceled and made new reservations (under a new number) for you, you should be fine. However, if you still have the original reservation and were just upgraded, you'll miss out on those points. IMHO, you should be entitled to 3 points per night on your booking.

Good for you! You'll have agreat time on the Getaway!

Just as an FYI, NCL doesn't give you the extra point per night for Latitudes if you upgrade to a suite...you have to make the initial booking into the suite. As long as your TA/PCC canceled and made new reservations (under a new number) for you, you should be fine. However, if you still have the original reservation and were just upgraded, you'll miss out on those points. IMHO, you should be entitled to 3 points per night on your booking.

I've been Platinum on NCL since way before they changed to the points thing, so it really does not matter to me one bit about points. Do I enjoy the perks I get? YES, do I only cruise for them? NO, I cruise because I absolutely love cruising. In 2013 alone I think I spent 56 or more days on NCL, so again points mean nothing to me, sure hope I get the 3 points. I really need that leather bound atlas or whatever. lol I LOVE CRUISING!!!!

I know I will have a fabulous time on the Getaway. Not only will the 2 bedroom hold myself, my 11 y/o son, my sister, my former MIL and my former GrandMIL, but my father and his wife will also be in a Forward facing Penthouse Suite. Working on some other friends and family to join us and celebrate!

Edited by djmess
because I sounded snarkey and didn't mean to!

And thank you everyone for the well wishes! Having this cruise booked after having to cancel my 2014 adventures just is an amazing feeling!!!!!

I have a truly blessed life and intend to live it to the fullest and continue to show my son as much of the world as I can, 1 cruise port at a time!!!!

I think that as long as it is not an upsell or a "free" upgrade, you still get the points. On my last cruise, after final payment, I self-upgraded to a suite when prices dropped (just paid the difference). I still got the extra points for being in a suite.

WOOT! WOOT! Yes, you will be great! :)

Congratulations, have a Happy Birthday and wonderful trip

Congratulations this is wonderful! May God Bless and continue to keep you and yours..Have a wonderful vacation

I have a question for anyone that has been on the Breakaway or the Getaway. I have a friend who is seriously looking at coming on this trip with us. They CAN NOT afford the suite, but it looks as if there is an OV Family picture window cabin (many of them actually) on Deck 5 that holds 5 people. (husband, wife, 3 kids) Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins. I did see a pic of it set up on youtube and it actually looks pretty spacious. Do they all have bathtubs or just some?

This special kids sail free promotion is fabulous and I really hope my friends can join me.