Anyone use Alaska Railroad Land Tours?

sunlover5

Found a land tour from Alaska Railroad that seems to suit what we have been looking for. The tour we are interested is Taste of Alaska.

We were wondering how reliable and just an over all review of your tour.

Thank you for any input.

I would not hesitate to take a land tour with the Alaska Railroad. Tourism in Alaska is very well organized. CCers have raved about the coastal classic train and the beauty of the scenery on that route.

The Seward Windsong Lodge is a nice lodge that many tour groups use and I have stayed there. It is some distance from the town of Seward but a lovely area. It is near Exit Glacier and Mitch Seavey's racing kennel.

Make sure the Kenai Fjords National Park cruise is one of the longer ones (6 hrs, I think) Lunch should be included on the cruise.

Talkeetna is known for flight seeing tours of Mt. McKinley and that is included as well as the jet boat tour and lunch!

You will not get to Denali National Park. You can do that next time or rent a car and drive up to Denali on your own if you can extend your vacation.

It looks like quite the adventure and time well spent (not too much time going from one area to another).