Alaska Sawyer Glacier Cruise

spazwok

Hi

I am looking to book the Alaska Sawyer Glacier Cruise on Celebrity Solstice departing 1 May 2015. I have noticed in the itinerary on the Celebrity website that on day 5 it says that the ship is cruising the inside passage but also docked in Skagway?

I've never been to Alaska but that sounds kind of impossible? I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could help me understand the itinerary for this cruise.

Day 5 Alaska Inside Passage Cruising

Day 5 Skagway, Alaska Docked 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

thanks

spazwok

Hi

I am looking to book the Alaska Sawyer Glacier Cruise on Celebrity Solstice departing 1 May 2015. I have noticed in the itinerary on the Celebrity website that on day 5 it says that the ship is cruising the inside passage but also docked in Skagway?

I've never been to Alaska but that sounds kind of impossible? I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could help me understand the itinerary for this cruise.

Day 5 Alaska Inside Passage Cruising

Day 5 Skagway, Alaska Docked 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

thanks

spazwok

My itinerary for my similar cruise for this coming June has us in Skagway 7 AM to 6 PM, then has Inside Passage Cruising from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM so I assumed this is the evening sailing as we leave Skagway.

From what I glean, Solstice rd-trip from Seattle does NOT travel the primary inside passage that's east of Vancouver Island, which is spectacular up-close scenery that we have enjoyed twice. The Century's itinerary from Vancouver does. The I-P Solstice refers to is only the vicinity of Skagway, viewable only before nightfall upon departure from Skagway. Happy Cruising.

From what I glean, Solstice rd-trip from Seattle does NOT travel the primary inside passage that's east of Vancouver Island, which is spectacular up-close scenery that we have enjoyed twice. The Century's itinerary from Vancouver does. The I-P Solstice refers to is only the vicinity of Skagway, viewable only before nightfall upon departure from Skagway. Happy Cruising.

Is the Solstice too big or is it just a function of the port of departure? We are on Solstice June 6-13.

This is one if the few reasons I would select another cruise line for Alaska. In this case, princess or HAL do it better. Kinda bummed to say that, but that's my opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

My family is traveling on the Solstice round-trip Seattle trip this August. When I booked the cruise, it was showing the routing outside Vancouver island in both directions. Now, however, it shows that it is traveling inside the island on the return leg, i.e., on the way to Victoria. I am pretty psyched about that!

My family is traveling on the Solstice round-trip Seattle trip this August. When I booked the cruise, it was showing the routing outside Vancouver island in both directions. Now, however, it shows that it is traveling inside the island on the return leg, i.e., on the way to Victoria. I am pretty psyched about that!

I just checked Solstice for May16 - yes, MAP shows inside Vancouver Island to Victoria BUT text daily itinerary shows "at sea". I hope the map is right.