Carlo's Bake Shop is going fleetwide on Norwegian

CarlsDad

FYI

Norwegian Epic will be the first ship to offer Carlo’s Bakery items, starting March 9, followed by Norwegian Dawn on March 16, Norwegian Jewel on March 23, Norwegian Star on March 30 and Norwegian Gem on April 8. The remaining ships will offer Carlo’s items in the coming months.

Carlo’s Bake Shop dessert items will be featured in each ship’s Java and Atrium Cafes and available for purchase a la carte.

Seatrade Insider 3/4/14

FYI

Norwegian Epic will be the first ship to offer Carlo’s Bakery items, starting March 9, followed by Norwegian Dawn on March 16, Norwegian Jewel on March 23, Norwegian Star on March 30 and Norwegian Gem on April 8. The remaining ships will offer Carlo’s items in the coming months.

Carlo’s Bake Shop dessert items will be featured in each ship’s Java and Atrium Cafes and available for purchase a la carte.

Seatrade Insider 3/4/14

Awww, that stinks. I really liked the little bake shop in the atrium on the Epic!

FYI

Seatrade Insider 3/4/14

Being new to NCL .... just booked a VERY last minute cruise leaving the 9th, I have to ask .... what is Carlo's Bake Shop and what is it replacing? I'm a chocolate lover .... will I like this?? LOL!! :)

I just returned from a cruise on the Getaway last weekend, where many people were enjoying the coffee and pastries from Carlos bakery by the Atrium all week. Interestingly, every morning, 2 of their employees brought around free sample of their baked goods to everyone seated in the Atrium. It was a nice way to introduce everyone to the excellent quality of their products.

Being new to NCL .... just booked a VERY last minute cruise leaving the 9th, I have to ask .... what is Carlo's Bake Shop and what is it replacing? I'm a chocolate lover .... will I like this?? LOL!! :)

This isn't an NCL thing. Carlo's Bakery is a bakery from New Jersey who rose to fame with his TV show the Cake Boss and then spin offs to a few other Cake shows on TV.

NCL offered items from this bakery on one of it's newer ships. Now apparently it will be going fleet wide.

http://www.carlosbakery.com/

Edited by che5904

And I probably stand alone on this but when I went to Carlos Bakery in NYC, I wasn't the least bit impressed! If what they sell (over-priced I might add) in NYC is anything like what they'll be selling on board, I'll pass. I think the little bakeries in Hamtramck, MI have spoiled me for life! 🍰

Thanx .... being originally from MA and living in GA the last 9 years, I had no clue. And, of course never having sailed on NCL. But, we'll be on the Epic and guess I'll have to give it a try! :)

And I probably stand alone on this but when I went to Carlos Bakery in NYC, I wasn't the least bit impressed! If what they sell (over-priced I might add) in NYC is anything like what they'll be selling on board, I'll pass. I think the little bakeries in Hamtramck, MI have spoiled me for life!

The original Carlos bakery is located in Hoboken, NJ. I work 2 blocks from there and it is always crowded with tourists, hoping to get a look at Buddy. IMO, the baked goods are nothing special.

Here is a funny story that I witnessed. There is always a line a couple of blocks long to get into the bakery. Last summer, there was a family with a young boy of maybe 7-8 years old. He had a cupcake in his hand with a small bite in it. He turned to his Mom with a frown on his face and said to her, "Hey Mom, this is what we waited so long for?"

If I want a great cupcake, I walk a few blocks north of Carlos, to Crumbs. Much better, and fresher.

Carol

And I probably stand alone on this but when I went to Carlos Bakery in NYC, I wasn't the least bit impressed! If what they sell (over-priced I might add) in NYC is anything like what they'll be selling on board, I'll pass. I think the little bakeries in Hamtramck, MI have spoiled me for life! 🍰

Did you get any paczkis today? I wonder if Cake Boss makes those ;)

No Carlo's Bakery in NYC.

Hoboken NJ

Westfield NJ

Red Bank NJ

Jersey City NJ

I can't wait to try the lobster tails on BA this summer!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

What about Cake Boss Cafe on 42nd and Eighth Ave. ?

No Carlo's Bakery in NYC.

Hoboken NJ

Westfield NJ

Red Bank NJ

Jersey City NJ

I can't wait to try the lobster tails on BA this summer!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

We were on the BA in Sept. 2013, and Carlos Bakery was a "MUST DO!" for us. We watch him on the Cake Boss so much and love his TV show creations! We had one of the lobster tails, and it was simply delicious! We ended up going back for the carrot cake cupcake and some of the cookies too. :D:D Needless to say we are absolutely thrilled that Carlos and his goodies will be fleetwide!!

Edited by kba1988

Nope - I agree. They are awful!!

Nope - I agree. They are awful!!

It was one of those things that my 8 & 10 year olds HAD to do....waited on line for a long time...and even they were disappointed! But they were happy to have their picture taken with the Buddy bobble-head!!:rolleyes:

Agree!!

I tried a lobster tail when I was on the Breakaway because the people I was with, highly recommended Carlos Bakery. It was mediocre at best; it tasted mass produced (like a Twinkie) and not fresh and bakery made.

It certainly was not worth the calories. JMHO. :)

Our local bakeries do much better......yum. :p

This isn't an NCL thing. Carlo's Bakery is a bakery from New Jersey who rose to fame with his TV show the Cake Boss and then spin offs to a few other Cake shows on TV.

NCL offered items from this bakery on one of it's newer ships. Now apparently it will be going fleet wide.

http://www.carlosbakery.com/

Thanks so much for the link:) We are stuck in bayou and not always up to date on the latest going in the East. We definitely will be stopping by next month when we are on the Jewel!

Edited by kcwingwalker