Post-Wedding Photos?

NL2134

We are having an embarkation wedding on cruise ship in June 2014, before leaving for 7-day western Caribbean cruise. We really want to get some wedding photos off the ship at one of the ports (we will get dressed up again), and we are thinking Belize. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get some good photos here? Beach photos would be nice, but we aren't sure which beach would be best for this. We also would like some non-beach photos, but not sure where to go. Any ideas???

I don't know if you can get this arranged with June being the date as they are really booked out, but check out Conch Creative in San Pedro. You will need to goggle the name and also look at the FB page. One of the things that many people request is Trash-The-Dress photos. So if you are looking for beautiful and unusual pictures, they cannot be beat. Good luck. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

You'll need to catch the airplane to San Pedro, and find a beach/resort there that'll do your photo shoot. Going to on of the Cayes via ship excursion or water taxi in your formal wear isn't going to be kind to your formal wear. Same could be said for the tender ride to the pier. Outside of a water taxi to Caye Caulker where there are shops and small hotels, none of the ship excursion cayes have facilities for changing. Your options outside the cruise port are the small lighthouse or a couple of Catholic churches and one Anglican church or the Cultural Center across the street from that church. Depending on which ports you are going to, Cozumel and Grand Cayman have nice beaches and lots of wedding pictures are taken at them.

Yeah, I didn't think about the tenders and water taxis being bad for the formal wear. We love how some of the trash the dress photos turn out, but I hope to sell my dress after the wedding and groom is wearing his only suit (which he just bought), so we don't really want to destroy our clothes. I'm fine with getting some sand or dirt on it that can be cleaned. I don't expect to walk around getting photos without it getting somewhat dirty.

We really don't want to go all over the place or long distance to get photos. We were hoping to just take a couple hours, find a place or two somewhat close to port, and get maybe 10-20 good photos that would look great on our wall and show the "other side" to our wedding trip, besides just the ceremony.

We are also going to Cozumel and Roatan. We are swimming with Dolphins in Cozumel, but that really should only take 1/2 day anyway. So, maybe Belize isn't the best port for us. Maybe we should look into options at the other ports instead.

I sent a message to Conch Creative yesterday to get more info about them. I've also contacted a couple other photographers and wedding planner in Belize. We are still debating whether to hire a photographer or just have my sister-in-law take the photos for us. We are already spending quite a bit for wedding photos on the ship, so we are hesitant to spend a lot for port photos. My sister-in-law has a decent camera and I know could take some good quality photos. But, I know a professional would be better at knowing the best places to go to and would know if permits are needed or if there are restrictions at certain locations.

Good luck with whatever you decide. But if you do end up with a professional photographer, you will not need to travel in your wedding clothes, they will be able to make arrangements for you to change. You may also want to check out Lee Vanderwalker of Caribbean Colors in Caye Caulker. She does unbelievable wedding photographs. You may be surprised that the cost in Belize will be considerably less than the ships photographer. And while I might be prejudiced since I live in Belize, you will not get the same type of pictures, where it would appear that it is only you and your husband on the beach alone, in either Cozumel or Roatan. Hope you have a great wedding.