Price drop w/FFTF already booked

imaboo

Hi all. Here's a poser for you;

I booked a 15 day Hawaii cruise (Oct '14) under the Nat. Cruise Vac. Month promo. As a result, I have $300 obc. I also booked FFTF right away. The cruise is a little over 50% paid off as of today.

I just checked and the Early Saver rate for the same category is now $740 cheaper. I know I will lose the obc due to the rate code change, but I will still end up with $440 obc when all is said and done.

What I'm really worried about is losing the FFTF booking. As you all know, it is booked as an excursion. If my PVP cancels/rebooks in order to get the ES rate, will my FFTF excursion have to be rebooked too? If so, I'm guessing there's a risk of losing it in the few minutes the rebooking is happening.

Advice plz :)

My guess is if you have to cancel a booking, everything with it would go... But lets weigh the issue... $440 back in your pocket, FTTF???? Hmmmm...

Tough choice... NOT... If you don't get FTTF back, get to the port early and get into zone 1. Then you are right behind FTTF and $440 richer.

Steve

I received 3 different price drops by changing rates on my current cruise. I have FTTF booked. I just called about the price drop and had them change to the new rate and asked that they verify that the FTTF was still in place after they changed the rates. They could see it and verify it was still there before I got off the phone with them.

My guess is if you have to cancel a booking, everything with it would go... But lets weigh the issue... $440 back in your pocket, FTTF???? Hmmmm...

Tough choice... NOT... If you don't get FTTF back, get to the port early and get into zone 1. Then you are right behind FTTF and $440 richer.

Steve

I thought about it. However, this cruise has a tender port and that's the key reason why I booked the FFTF - priority tendering.

Thanks for your input. :)

I received 3 different price drops by changing rates on my current cruise. I have FTTF booked. I just called about the price drop and had them change to the new rate and asked that they verify that the FTTF was still in place after they changed the rates. They could see it and verify it was still there before I got off the phone with them.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping to hear. :D

You can switch to ES rate at any time. Just call Carnival or your TA. No need to cancel and rebook. I have done this before so yes it can be done.

Ah ok. I knew you could switch to ES, but wasn't sure if it involved a cancel/rebook or they just changed the rate code and everything magically recalculated.

Ah ok. I knew you could switch to ES, but wasn't sure if it involved a cancel/rebook or they just changed the rate code and everything magically recalculated.

Your booking number will stay the same so any excursions will remain including FTTF. So I would hurry up and call just in case the rates go back up.

Hi all. Here's a poser for you;

I booked a 15 day Hawaii cruise (Oct '14) under the Nat. Cruise Vac. Month promo. As a result, I have $300 obc. I also booked FFTF right away. The cruise is a little over 50% paid off as of today.

I just checked and the Early Saver rate for the same category is now $740 cheaper. I know I will lose the obc due to the rate code change, but I will still end up with $440 obc when all is said and done.

What I'm really worried about is losing the FFTF booking. As you all know, it is booked as an excursion. If my PVP cancels/rebooks in order to get the ES rate, will my FFTF excursion have to be rebooked too? If so, I'm guessing there's a risk of losing it in the few minutes the rebooking is happening.

Advice plz :)

We most be on the same cruise. i went and check mine and it was still $50 more then what i paid. So no good news for me.:(

Your booking number will stay the same so any excursions will remain including FTTF. So I would hurry up and call just in case the rates go back up.

You betcha. I just did. The taxes went up a bit and the rate went up $50, but in the end, I basically have the same obc I had before, but am paying $570 less for the cruise. :D

We most be on the same cruise. i went and check mine and it was still $50 more then what i paid. So no good news for me.:(

Possibly. I'm on the Oct 18, 2014 sailing. I booked the cruise during the famed "National Cruise Vacation Month" sale last October. It was all over the board at the time about how much it really wasn't a sale because the prices were increased to cover the obc you were getting. I have been watching ever since to see if I could recoup some of that.

So really it depends on what fare code (promo) you booked under and what the demand is for your cabin category. I'm in an 8J.

Possibly. I'm on the Oct 18, 2014 sailing. I booked the cruise during the famed "National Cruise Vacation Month" sale last October. It was all over the board at the time about how much it really wasn't a sale because the prices were increased to cover the obc you were getting. I have been watching ever since to see if I could recoup some of that.

So really it depends on what fare code (promo) you booked under and what the demand is for your cabin category. I'm in an 8J.

We didn't book then. but we are a little cheeper then it is now.

We are on the same cruise as you. You on the Roll Call?:)

We didn't book then. but we are a little cheeper then it is now.

We are on the same cruise as you. You on the Roll Call?:)

I subscribed to it, but just lurking so far. I guess I should say "Hi" huh? :p

Congratulations!!!! That is a HUGE price drop!!!:D:D:D

Mine just keeps going up!!!:mad:

But, regardless, I am just happy to be on a cruise. lol

Thanks! I don't think that is a normal drop amount. It was because of that pseudo sale last October that everyone warned about, and that I didn't heed.