3rd and 4th person free in cabin

Dall

I'm researching this deal. I go online and check prices for just 2 people, and then go back in and do for 2 adults and 2 children. The price goes up almost $200 each! It shows the 3rd and 4th free, but the pricing for the 1st and 2nd person went up. Has anyone booked under this promotion? Is this normal?

We have a cruise already booked so I did the same thing to see if I could get our DS free.

When I did the dummy booking yesterday for our cruise it was $1200 more than what we are paying currently and there was no KSF left (per RCCL rep). Today I priced it out and it was approx. $700 more and DS was free. Then, I did another dummy with only 2ppl in the cabin and it was $2000 less! What??

So my "free" DS would really be costing us $2000. This makes no sense at all :confused:

Are you booking for the same exact category when checking prices. I ask because some rooms for 2 people are less than the rooms for 3-4 people. For example...

All balconies...

Category ABC is $100

Category DEF is $200

Category GHI is $300

Category ABC are only 2 people rooms. No trundles or drop downs.

Category DEF has room for 4 people max.

Category GHI has room for 5 people max.

So a booking for 2 people would cost $200. Woohoo.

A booking for 4 people would be $400. What??? I thought the little tots were free??? Well they are but they couldn't fit in a two person room so they had to book a different category. So they booked a category DEF.

Now if you are looking at the same exact category then I can't help except to say look at the price breakdown. And see if the only difference is the taxes.

Are you booking for the same exact category when checking prices. I ask because some rooms for 2 people are less than the rooms for 3-4 people. For example...

All balconies...

Category ABC is $100

Category DEF is $200

Category GHI is $300

A booking for 4 people would be $400. What??? I thought the little tots were free??? Well they are but they couldn't fit in a two person room so they had to book a different category. So they booked a category DEF.

Now if you are looking at the same exact category then I can't help except to say look at the price breakdown. And see if the only difference is the taxes.

Very good explanation! People should also remember that the 3rd and 4th people do not have to be children - I rebooked our existing GS for October and my 30-ish daughter is now costing about $129 as the third person. Since the GS all allow 4 people, the rate for the first two was unchanged. :)

All balconies...

Category ABC is $100

Category DEF is $200

Category GHI is $300

Thanks. I also was looking at trying to book one of the cabins for 5 people but couldn't find one that would take them. GHI is the answer then. Actually when I just tried booking 5, it said max of 4 people per reservation. Guess I would have to call.

Edited by Dall

Thanks. I also was looking at trying to book one of the cabins for 5 people but couldn't find one that would take them. GHI is the answer then. Actually when I just tried booking 5, it said max of 4 people per reservation. Guess I would have to call.

Yes, you have to call for any bookings with more than 4 passengers in a stateroom. The good thing with this promotion is passengers 3-5 will all qualify for the promotion. We booked a Royal Family Suite for 7 people and only had to pay for the first 2.

Four of us (two adults and two kids) were booked in a jr suite this June and I was able to use the promotion to upgrade to a Grand Suite AND save almost 800.00!

We are so excited!

That is awesome. You're going to love it. I love the suite experience with the GS.

If we'd already had a booking in place at the time the promo came out, we would have done the same thing. On the sailing we just booked, the GS for 4 people is now $400 less than the JS was a week ago, but the JS was $800 less than a D1 was a week ago. Definitely some deals to be had.

We opted for the JS. The GS would be an additional $2100, yet I'm still contemplating bumping up. That's how much I loved the GS experience.

Edited by nolesrule

We opted for the JS. The GS would be an additional $2100, yet I'm still contemplating bumping up. That's how much I loved the GS experience.

Before this promo came out, upgrading to the GS was going to be just over 2000.00 and even then I was tempted to do it. I guess this was a sign that it was meant to be!

We were in a GS on our first (and only) Royal cruise on the Navigator. It was such a big room and the perks that came with were well worth it. We are doing it again this time on a B2B with the sunshine and I am so happy that this is the grand finale!

Congratulations on the Suite upgrade! I was so excited when the promo came out, I was able to book the Royal Family suite for just $1000 more than 2 connecting D1s would have been. For us that price difference was totally worth it! We had a Grand Suite on our last cruise, and now my husband is a total snob and won't sail any other way :D

Edited by jmrothermel

I'm glad that this promotion is working out for some.

We were looking at an October cruise on Radiance OTS.

The price for DW & I in an inside cabin DOUBLED when this promotion started! :eek:

I'm hoping the price drops a bit after the promo finishes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, you have to call for any bookings with more than 4 passengers in a stateroom. The good thing with this promotion is passengers 3-5 will all qualify for the promotion. We booked a Royal Family Suite for 7 people and only had to pay for the first 2.

That's good to know. I emailed a week ago to ask if this would be the case (after waiting on the phone 30 minutes) and haven't heard back. If you don't mind my asking, what was the cost? Ballpark is fine, just trying to get an idea to see if I can arrange a second cruise this year with friends or family :D

That's good to know. I emailed a week ago to ask if this would be the case (after waiting on the phone 30 minutes) and haven't heard back. If you don't mind my asking, what was the cost? Ballpark is fine, just trying to get an idea to see if I can arrange a second cruise this year with friends or family :D

I was originally quoted $1,486 (or $743pp) for two passengers in an inside cabin.

The latest price is $2,900 (or $1450 per person).

This is for 9 nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a question, my final payment was March 10th, I've booked a family oceanview balcony. I have three people in that cabin, I don't know if my sailing gets the 3rd/more free, but if so, would a family o.v. balcony be considered or am I too late b/c of my final payment. Rccl website won't show Family ov balcony, too early to call ?

I have a question, my final payment was March 10th, I've booked a family oceanview balcony. I have three people in that cabin, I don't know if my sailing gets the 3rd/more free, but if so, would a family o.v. balcony be considered or am I too late b/c of my final payment. Rccl website won't show Family ov balcony, too early to call ?

If it is past Royal's final payment date, then you cannot get any refunds or credits. Since this promo requires a new booking, then cancelling and rebooking is likely not an option for you as you would lose your deposits.

However, it would not hurt to call whoever booked your cruise and see if there is some other option.

Edited by clarea

To think I almost ignored this sale, mostly thinking it wouldn't apply to the multiple person suites. In January I had a two bedroom suite for 5 adults booked for October. I didn't book when the price was at the lowest and had no idea what the going price was since there were no more left for me to compare but when I saw someone post about booking a RFS for 7 and only paying for 2 persons; I decided to look a little closer and call.

Of course I prepared myself for a no and whatever else I expected to hear. I could not have gotten a nicer C&A person on the D+ line. She ran the numbers based on the going rate and decided yes, you should do it, I will save you almost $1800. WHAT???????? I think she was more excited about it than I was. Genuinely happy she was. I must have been on the phone with her for over an hour, with all the seeing about moving our deposit over which was on multiple credit cards and such and some departments she had to talk to also had her on hold for up to 15 minutes at a time. But overall, it finally worked. I did lose $400 OBC. But now I'm thinking maybe I can turn it over to a TA for some perks.

I'm glad it wasn't with a TA this time, as it was so easy to call Royal and get this done. Probably would have been a pain dealing with a TA for this.

Royal has got to be losing money on this sale. I'm also a little worried the ships will be a tad overcrowded the rest of the year.

Trekker954... I see in your signature you have Anthem booked for Nov 2015? How come I don't see this sailing on the RCCL site yet??

D+ and pinnacle get cruises open before available to everyone else. Staggered release so to speak.

Trekker954... I see in your signature you have Anthem booked for Nov 2015? How come I don't see this sailing on the RCCL site yet??

Sorry, I don't have it booked yet, but as soon as its available to book, I'm on her. As far as I know that is the date she is scheduled to arrive after her TA in Lauderdale, although I do recall reading something this week some of her dates have changed. Hopefully not.

Certain cruises definitely elevated the price of the 1/2 person on this promotion. When it started the price for a balcony quad was $3700 for 4. Now it is over $5000!!! The 1/2 person is $2,300-2400 each!!! So even if the 3/4 person was free you would still be averaging over $1200 per person for just a balcony room. If you priced a double balcony the price was around $1400, so the 1/2 person was close to $1,000 more! This was the Allure Thanksgiving week. Fortunately we booked the first day of the sale and got out interior quad for $2,800 with taxes, insurance and per paid gratuities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums