Palo soufflé only available for dinner?

cruiserninja1

We are doing our second DCL cruise in Nov. My parents had dinner at Palo on pirate night but are going to do brunch this time around because they missed pirate night dinner and are afraid to miss anything again lol . They have been raving about the Palo soufflé and are wondering if there is a way to get the soufflé without having dinner there .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done Palo brunch several times and have never seen the soufflé available. Of course it never hurts to ask, but do it at the start of the meal since it takes a long time to prepare.

Only at dinner as it must be served fresh and there are issues with the preparation time. As to missing the pirate night dinner...you aren't missing anything to worry about. We do Palo on pirate night and are out in plenty of time to enjoy the festivities.

Ok

I will tell you something do not tell everyone.

We have had Palo Soufflé in the MDRs,

I put in a special, " request" to our head server a number of times and it was honoured.

I asked in advance if my kids could have them and They did it,

Now do not expect it, it was a request and they might not do it now, but there is never an issue of asking, it's just if you get a polite no then it's a no.

We in Alaska had it in our room as we were in the Walt.

11583896776_119e96288f_b.jpg

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

OK...I do understand the above, but as noted, poster cruises exclusively in concierge and at least sometimes in the Walt suite.

We are "triple platinum," and have had all sorts of special things happen on the Magic including Palo desserts in the MDR. On our most recent cruise, we had many "special" treats. However, when one member of the group asked about getting the souffle, the head server told the group he'd see what he could do. As we were leaving the dining room that night, he pulled me aside and explained that they are now very strict about no Palo or Remy desserts being served in the MDRs, and asked if I could explain it to the rest of the group.

No problem for us..I don't remember if he said or just implied that they were getting too many requests which resulted in this policy.

SO, my take would be that if you are in the Walt suite, this might happen for you. But if you give fewer dollars to DCL for your cabin, don't expect it. And it you are in the Walt, room service from Palo is one of the perks...so getting it in the room is part of what you have paid for.

On this same cruise, we did have my daughter's favorite entree prepared, which is no longer on the menu. I asked, and head server did a quick mental check--said that they should have everything needed on board, so he would talk with the chef. It was there the next night.

Edited by moki'smommy

OK...I do understand the above' date=' but as noted, poster cruises exclusively in concierge and at least sometimes in the Walt suite.[/b']

We are "triple platinum," and have had all sorts of special things happen on the Magic including Palo desserts in the MDR. On our most recent cruise, we had many "special" treats. However, when one member of the group asked about getting the souffle, the head server told the group he'd see what he could do. As we were leaving the dining room that night, he pulled me aside and explained that they are now very strict about no Palo or Remy desserts being served in the MDRs, and asked if I could explain it to the rest of the group.

No problem for us..I don't remember if he said or just implied that they were getting too many requests which resulted in this policy.

SO, my take would be that if you are in the Walt suite, this might happen for you. But if you give fewer dollars to DCL for your cabin, don't expect it. And it you are in the Walt, room service from Palo is one of the perks...so getting it in the room is part of what you have paid for.

Can I correct this as it refers to me.

poster cruises exclusively in concierge

That is incorrect 50% of my DCL cruises have Not been concierge.

All the times we had Palo soufflé in the MDR we were Not concierge.

and at least sometimes in the Walt suite.

Correction.

Once in Alaska as quoted in my post the one time we had it in the room.

And agree as stated you can ask make a request, but they might have become more strict,

We had it circa four times, excluding our first DCL cruise.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Can I correct this as it refers to me.

poster cruises exclusively in concierge

That is incorrect 50% of my DCL cruises have Not been concierge.

All the times we had Palo soufflé in the MDR we were Not concierge.

and at least sometimes in the Walt suite.

Correction.

Once in Alaska as quoted in my post the one time we had it in the room.

And agree as stated you can ask make a request, but they might have become more strict,

We had it circa four times, excluding our first DCL cruise.

Sorry--I was aware of your many references to your concierge experiences (usually in the context of helping a future cruiser) and a comment from another guest that you cruise in concierge only. I should have confirmed the accuracy with you rather than assuming that another poster knew what he/she was saying. My apologies.

As to the Walt...if I could justify it, I probably would. I still kick myself for not picking it up the one time it was offered to us as an upgrade at the port. (The supervisor told us that the family who had it booked has a last minute medical situation resulting in cancellation). Glad you were able to enjoy it in Alaska.

Interesting...I just typed a post and the site wouldn't post it.

I am sorry. I am aware of you many referenced to concierge policies' date=' etc, usually in the context of helping a future guest and to a comment by another board member that you only cruise concierge. I should have confirmed this information with you before posting it. My apologies.

As to the Walt--glad you enjoyed it once. If I could justify a 2 bedroom suite for 2 people, it would be amazing...but since they removed the piano (used to be in the Roy), it is less appealing.

And as noted, we have had Palo desserts served in the MDR on several occasions, but not on our most recent cruise.[/quote']

No probs, just wanted it corrected, however said I only cruise concierge was wrong, I think some people just make their minds up and then consider that's the truth.

The first five or six DCL cruises were not concierge and also we have had inside rooms as well, so if people think we have been verandah only that's untrue as well.

Walt suite actually never was a plan, as the kids got older I like one room do go for Cat T /3. I had planned a Europe cruise for 2013 but the dates didn't work out so went for Alaska and the Walt was $500 more for it over a Cat T. I think the old piano would annoy the neighbours.

So back to Europe this year..

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I think if I booked the Walt' date=' that I wouldn't leave the suite for the entire cruise....[/quote']

Part true we spent a lot of time in it, but not to get our money's worth, just in Alaska we had great views all the time from 6am to 11pm, but we had three active port days with toe excursions in each port and on Tracy Arm day invited to deck seven forward.

Thank you , I guess it doesn't hurt to ask and my dad who is the real sweet tooth in our group will be happy with the sweet temptations each night . If they really have to have the soufflé then I'm sure they won't mind eating at Palo again :)

Thank you , I guess it doesn't hurt to ask and my dad who is the real sweet tooth in our group will be happy with the sweet temptations each night . If they really have to have the soufflé then I'm sure they won't mind eating at Palo again :)

I don't know which ship you're on (length of cruise) but, on the longer cruises that have the Captain's Gala menu, that menu has a Warm Chocolate Lava Cake that's a pretty good contender to the soufflé. And Lumiere's/Triton's/Royal Court/Royal Palace have a Grand Marnier soufflé that's also very good on their Signature menus.

I have had the souffle in MDR on a cruise in 2011. I asked to get one in the MDR on cruises in 2012, 2013 and was told that it was no longer allowed. My DD fell in love with the souflle and I am forced :) to go to Paulo on our cruises so I can get one to go for her to enjoy in out cabin.