Which Beach?

SPB216

We will be arriving to St Maarten on the Getaway and would love to do either Mullet Bay or Orient Bch before heading to Maho Beach in the afternoon. Any thoughts on which shouldn't be missed?

Are the taxis easy to come by at either beach when we are ready to leave?

We arrive at approx 8 am so I'm thinking we'll be off the ship by 9 at the latest. Is the trip to Orient very as its referred to the other side of the Island from where we dock?

We will be arriving to St Maarten on the Getaway and would love to do either Mullet Bay or Orient Bch before heading to Maho Beach in the afternoon. Any thoughts on which shouldn't be missed?

Are the taxis easy to come by at either beach when we are ready to leave?

We arrive at approx 8 am so I'm thinking we'll be off the ship by 9 at the latest. Is the trip to Orient very as its referred to the other side of the Island from where we dock?

Maho Beach gets incredibly crowded by the afternoon, the beach itself is small (but not bad) and there's a bar/restaurant there, I would consider heading there early and getting a good spot lined up with the runway! I'm going in August, and i'll spend all day there.

Also, there are plenty of cabs, that shouldn't be an issue.

It's been a little over two years since I visited Orient beach, but I have to say I was disappointed with it. The water was very rough and the beach had a lot of seaweed. After we left Orient, we went to Maho & enjoyed it there. If we visit St. Maarten again, I think I would spend my day at Maho & skip Orient.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got to Maho about 1:30 and had no problem finding a spot - the crowd is ever moving….

thanks for this comment! We are hoping to do a bit of snorkeling on Pinel Island before heading to Maho for a quick stop, and I was thinking of trying to head over to Maho around 1:30ish... hoping it works out!

We did exactly that last time we were in St Maarten. We went to Orient Beach first and then on to Maho for the afternoon.

It was very easy to get a cab from Orient to Maho.

I wouldn't suggest going to Maho first (as another did on here) because if you want to see the REALLY big planes come in (which is what most people go for), they don't come in until after noon. Yes, it does get crowded during that time, but it's worth it to watch them for a few hours.

I did a review on it with pictures and links to additional pictures (in my signature line). I have to admit, I wanted to go because I heard the beach was beautiful and truth be known, I have never been to a nude beach before and wanted to experience it. It was pretty and it was quiet the day we were there. I have experienced it now, and like another poster, I will probably never return. It wasn't one of "those" beaches I just couldn't get enough of and would ever desire to go back. :)