Is Oasis of the Seas the best Choice for my family?

Hi Everyone!

I am not new to cruising, but I have never sailed with Royal Caribbean or be on Oasis of the Seas. I want to ensure that this ship will be the best choice for my family.

By the time we travel, my daughter will be 6 and my son will be 14. My parents who will be in their 60's will also be traveling us.

Will there be enough activities for all of us to enjoy? Will the ship be safe for my 14 year old to go an explore on his own? My husband is also not a fan of huge crowds. Will there be a quite place for him to escape mobs of people other than our cabin?

We are planning on traveling the week before Christmas. Will the ship be full at that time? and can we expect there to be lots of kids on the cruise?

I found a lot of information on cruise critic regarding additional charges for certain things. Here are few additional ones that would be good to know:

• video games
  • in-room babysitting
  • ice skating
  • alcoholic & non-alcohic drinks
  • tux rentals for formal night

If anyone has any tips or advice for traveling with Royal Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas, I would appreciate all the help that I can get!

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

Edited by IneedaVacation1977

Hi Everyone!

I am not new to cruising, but I have never sailed with Royal Caribbean or be on Oasis of the Seas. I want to ensure that this ship will be the best choice for my family.

By the time we travel, my daughter will be 6 and my son will be 14. My parents who will be in their 60's will also be traveling us.

Will there be enough activities for all of us to enjoy? Will the ship be safe for my 14 year old to go an explore on his own? My husband is also not a fan of huge crowds. Will there be a quite place for him to escape mobs of people other than our cabin?

We are planning on traveling the week before Christmas. Will the ship be full at that time? and can we expect there to be lots of kids on the cruise?

I found a lot of information on cruise critic regarding additional charges for certain things. Here are few additional ones that would be good to know:

• video games
  • in-room babysitting
  • ice skating
  • alcoholic & non-alcohic drinks
  • tux rentals for formal night

If anyone has any tips or advice for traveling with Royal Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas, I would appreciate all the help that I can get!

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

Oasis is the perfect ship for multi-generational travel.

It is amazing how the passengers are well dispersed throughout the ship by the many places, activities and attractions that are available.

The Oasis ALWAYS sails full.

There will be many children on the ship, because many parents take their children out of school. The Oasis also attracts many international passengers who have different seasons and schedules.

Ice-skating is free, as are the skates that they provide for you. You will need socks and long pants.

There are many non-alcoholic drinks that do not have a charge: water, flavored waters, ice tea, lemonade, regular coffee & tea, juice with breakfast, milk.

Oasis is the perfect ship for multi-generational travel.

It is amazing how the passengers are well dispersed throughout the ship by the many places, activities and attractions that are available.

The Oasis ALWAYS sails full.

There will be many children on the ship, because many parents take their children out of school. The Oasis also attracts many international passengers who have different seasons and schedules.

Ice-skating is free, as are the skates that they provide for you. You will need socks and long pants.

There are many non-alcoholic drinks that do not have a charge: water, flavored waters, ice tea, lemonade, regular coffee & tea, juice with breakfast, milk.

I believe you hit the nail on the head.

There will be many little "hide a way" places on the ship your hubby can go to and enjoy some peace and quiet. First comes to mind the Central Park area. There are some park benches he could sit on and read. Also, on the promenade deck, he might find some peace and quiet. There are also some balconys at the back of the ship, namely on deck 11, that not many know about. He could also wonder to this area and rest for a while.