Paid final payment and then a credit?

Hello everyone!

Quick question:

I made my final Payment on Feb. 5th for our April allure cruise.

Then I noticed the next day I saw a $340.00 credit on my credit card.

I tried calling royal carribean and they told me I need to get the info directly from my travel agent.

I called my travel agent but no response. Emailed her and she said she would get back to me. But it's been 2 days

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?

What could it be? Am I losing something on the criuse?...I got an excellent package thru the travel agent and an added promotion thru RCCL.

I just was wondering what it could be?!???

Thanks for the help!!

Edited by thjeepster
Errors

Hello everyone!

Quick question:

I made my final Payment on Feb. 5th for our April allure cruise.

Then I noticed the next day I saw a $340.00 credit on my credit card.

I tried calling royal carribean and they told me I need to get the info directly from my travel agent.

I called my travel agent but no response. Emailed her and she said she would get back to me. But it's been 2 days

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?

What could it be? Am I losing something on the criuse?...I got an excellent package thru the travel agent and an added promotion thru RCCL.

I just was wondering what it could be?!???

Thanks for the help!!

I have read where others have had excursions cancelled. Is it possible that this could be the cause?

I called before making my final payment as per cruise critic advise. The price per room actually went down so I got a discount of $180 for the two rooms. I bet that's what it was.:)

CarribeanPrincess2 I hope that's what happened!!! Would be nice to know we saved an extra $340.00! ($170. each)

But, wouldn't my TA know that?....She never returned my calls, but her text said she would look into it for us. That was 3 days ago.....Really?

RCCL said for her to call them and we could do a 3-way call and they could tell us!

We have only one excursion booked and that total was only $180. and on RCCL website it still shows that it's booked....so can't be that.

I'm just afraid that one of our added package deals thru RCCL or TA were cancelled and given a credit back to Credit Card instead of an on-board credit?....Wouldn't they just do an OBC instead of a refund to CC?

Thanks for the help!!!!

I just wish she would call me back!...what kind of Cust. Service is that?

I wish RCCL would just talk to me directly since they are the ones that have my cash!!!

Edited by thjeepster

But, wouldn't my TA know that?....She never returned my calls, but her text said she would look into it for us. That was 3 days ago.....Really?

RCCL said for her to call them and we could do a 3-way call and they could tell us!

Can't help you, but if it were me, once I got this straightened out, she'd be my EX travel agent.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

CarribeanPrincess2 I hope that's what happened!!! Would be nice to know we saved an extra $340.00! ($170. each)

We have only one excursion booked and that total was only $180. and on RCCL website it still shows that it's booked....so can't be that.

I'm just afraid that one of our added package deals thru RCCL or TA were cancelled and given a credit back to Credit Card instead of an on-board credit?....Wouldn't they just do an OBC instead of a refund to CC?

Thanks for the help!!!!

I wish RCCL would just talk to me directly since they are the ones that have my cash!!!

She needs to be informed NOW that she is fast becoming your former TA

There is no possible explanation for not returning your calls other than illness or accident

She needs to be out of business

I was on a short cruise, and somehow when making my final payment the trip insurance was cancelled. I didn't realize this had happened until I was checking my credit card on-line and noticed a credit from RCCL. I first thought it was due to a price reduction and was thrilled. A little later while I was checking my reservation on-line I noticed that trip insurance was not listed as being purchased. I looked at my original printout of my cruise, and it showed the insurance being purchased. I called RCCL on the phone, and was told that they could not add it to my cruise cost because I had made my final payement. They gave me the number of the insurance company that they use, and was told to tell them about my problem, and purchase it directly from them. The insurance company agreed to sell it to me even though it was very close to the sail date. I asked to put it on my credit card, but was told that they were not set up to charge it, but rather to send them a check directly along with the form that I had to download on my computer.

galavant3: So did they recharge you for the amount they gave back?

I know that the price has not gone down and we did not purchase insurance through the cruise line. The invoice I was mailed shows a credit balance of $150. When I spoke to someone at RCCL (technical assistance), they said that their system shows "paid in full" with no credit balance.

Nothing has been given back or credited back to my card.

A trip the travel agent is what you need to do to get this straightened out so you have peace of mind. You def don't want your travel plans messed up -

That's what we might have to do since I don't get a call back!!!!

I'm in the middle of sending her a 2nd email....because there are a few other small issues that's taking 2 months to clear up....which were her errors when we first booked and we thought it came with extras as part of the package deal....but she told us it was for both of us and really it was for only one.

so bottom line we were told the wrong info...so it should come out of the companies pocket not mine!

Edited by thjeepster

Might have been due to a price drop after your final payment but before RCCL's actual final payment. This just happened to me on Oasis. However, I'd like to point out that I'm getting two amounts refunded b/c one amount has to factor in the TA's commission, so it takes longer. I was told they have to do a commission recall. Already got the larger first amount; waiting on the 2nd.

It's kind of ridiculous that you can't get a response from your TA.