Bermuda in October?

boatlover

We were considering Bermuda earlier this summer, but decided on something else. Now we are thinking about a fall trip... so we are interested in the early October dates for Bermuda. Has anyone sailed at this time of year? Is the weather OK? Also, any huge difference between Zenith and Horizon, aside from departure port? I know Horizon is on its way out. Thanks for any insight you can share.

We sailed to Bermuda on the Horizon last October and had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect. Around 80 and sunny every day. Water was nice and warm at that time of year also. We also returned to Bermuda this past April on the Zenith. I would give the edge to the Horizon although the ships are very similar. Be aware the seas can be rough sailing to Bermuda, especially in the fall.

Early October can still be hot and humid or it can be very nice, so the October 1st cruise might be very warm. October 15th should be a little cooler (We went the end of September and it was very hot and humid) We are going October 1st and then again November 13th (this time on RCCL) and prefer November as the water is still warm but the daytime temps are more moderate. Bermuda has a humid climate so when the temps are higher than 80 it can be uncomfortable. Bermuda shares the same semi tropical climate as South Florida.

Was in Bermuda the 3rd week of Sept. once...weather was unbelievable, we were fortunate...BUT don't forget that Oct. is still hurricane season :eek:

Hurricane season runs from June through November. Just look at this season - hurricanes in July. We usually always do Bermuda in September or October. As others have said, the water can be choppy at this time of year. Having cruised to Bermuda a few times, we have had rough seas and calm seas. It's a chance you take

When else would someone go to Bermuda...in March? Bermuda is a vacation spot for June - October. Last time I checked that was hurricane season. So if one wishes to visit Bermuda, hurricane season is the ONLY option. Go and have a blast!

Well you can't control the weather but you can the ship you are on. I would take the Zenith if I were you. We were on the Horizon for two weeks in June and the Zenith last summer both to Bermuda. I liked the Zenith MUCH better. The Horizon is worn out and dated. The Zenith is only two years younger but it seemed much nicer and in better repair. As for going in October you pay your money and take your chances. I don't really recall to many storms that time of year but you never know. Joan

When else would someone go to Bermuda...in March? Bermuda is a vacation spot for June - October. Last time I checked that was hurricane season. So if one wishes to visit Bermuda, hurricane season is the ONLY option. Go and have a blast!

Have been to Bermuda five times in May and always had nice weather. March would be a bit chilly, usually the third week in April starts the season.

Archived