More I think about it - Volendam cabin?

joeyillinois

Wondering if we chose the right location G2706 on the Volendam. Been reading about pitching of the ship... Not sure I would get seasick or not? Been on 2 other cruises - different cruise lines (once minor case - maybe just excitment) second cruise no problem even in rough sea.

There were other cabin choices of locations (not a lot -at least in our price point), but this location (end of hall) seemed like there might not be as much noise?

Wondering if they Holiand America offer an upgrade if we should take?

I really don't know how (why) they would do this. We ordered directly from Holland America so really not sure how that would work?

How do they determine who is offered upgrades of cabins?

Haven't been in that particular cabin but based on its location your bigger concern might be engine noise. JMHO but If it were me, I'd take an upgrade if offered. Can't help you with how upgrades are determined though. That's one of the great mysteries of life.

You are one deck above the work area where the aft lines are handled. Noise from that might be possible. Engine noise, maybe, but not likely that far aft. Vibrations caused by the props, maybe. Pitching, maybe.

It is not a cabin I would choose. Upgrades are a mystery, but I would not automatically accept one unless I looked first at the deck plan to see what is above or below the cabin.

One of our choices were the N1802 area in the front of the ship near the infirmary that didn't look good; Also, Main Deck G2706 or 2713 (which looked about the same at the time), since both in same general location noise might be the same. We also looked at the Lower Promanade Deck 3382 I think but we thought there might be more noise. I think we should have went with the Lower Promanade Deck. Oh, well.