Misty Fjords seaplane tour

Orangeaid

I am debating between the morning or afternoon Misty Fjords seaplane tour in Ketchikan. We will be going early August. The morning tour is from 7-9 am and the afternoon tour is 1-3 pm. Does one time have an advantage over the other as far as weather and visibility? Any other factors to consider?

Sorry, no answer to your question. :) I have flown many trips to Misty, usually early morning I select due to other touring plans I have. I also suggest you determine, if there are other activities you wish to do, then book the time that fits the overall best.

I am debating between the morning or afternoon Misty Fjords seaplane tour in Ketchikan. We will be going early August. The morning tour is from 7-9 am and the afternoon tour is 1-3 pm. Does one time have an advantage over the other as far as weather and visibility? Any other factors to consider?

We did the morning flight a couple of years ago - it was awesome. However, it's a long boat ride back from where the plane lands. Just so you are aware....

There is a possibility of fog in the AM which would be minimized in the afternoon. No matter the time, your pilot will adjust your flight to weather conditions if they can fly. We flew last August and it was fantastic.

Enjoy your vacation

Dave