Ultimate Dining Package

ldoubleya

Hi,

Is there a limit to how many visits a night you can use your UDP? Say you go for an early dinner at 5 or 6 and are hungry again at 10, can you visit a second restaurant from the Specialty list of restaurants? Or do you need to use one of the "free" food options?

Thanks,

I do not know the 'official' answer to this question but to me unlimited means unlimited. I got two of these free and bought one for the third member of our group so we can go taste all of the specialty places. If we go to one hat we do not particularly care for, we are just going to go to another a bit later that night and try them.

but to me unlimited means unlimited.

Except it's ultimate, not unlimited. :)

There may be an issue with your plan, if there is not room in the restaurants when you want them. It's a bit early at the moment to really know how some of these things are going to be dealt with.

Hi,

Is there a limit to how many visits a night you can use your UDP? Say you go for an early dinner at 5 or 6 and are hungry again at 10, can you visit a second restaurant from the Specialty list of restaurants? Or do you need to use one of the "free" food options?

Thanks,

Yes...the limit is one per evening.

Are any of the speciality restaurants open for lunch ?? And if so can you use the UDP for that ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a recent cruise on the Gem, my son had the UDP package and tried to eat in Le Bistro for the Jazz Brunch and was told NO. that it was not included. I recall this being the only specialty restaurant open for lunch hours.

Yes...the limit is one per evening.

Is that a definite? I'm pretty sure I have seen reports that NCL has confirmed that you can indeed eat in as many venues as you can handle, assuming of course that there is space available.

Hi,

Thanks,

Chances are the restaurants will be closed. Maybe that's a good thing!

Edited by Ilovesailing

Hi,

Thanks,

I was wondering this also :confused: (you can do it on Celebrity), I called NCL and you can visit multiple restaurants in one night, depending on available seating. Appetizers at 1, entree at another and dessert at the 3rd :eek:. All the specialty restaurants that are included on the plan close at 10:00 pm except for Teppanyaki which closes at 10:15pm. Seems a little bizarre but you could do it if you wanted too :cool:.

Everything that I have read says you can go to more than one per evening.

I think someone even copied an email from NCL on a thread saying that.

Also have read that if you are in a suite, they will bring you a starter from one, main from another and a desert from a third for example.

You might like to email NCL to get it confirmed in writing and then print it out and take with you just in case.

What about the upcharge items offered in the restaurants like the lobster in Le Bistro? Also, do you think they would allow people to order multiple entrees without the extra 10$ charge (not that I would do this as I must watch my wine bottle figure...)?

Unless it is documented I am assuming these will be extra cost and not part of the UDP as I can see people going to town if they are included.

Any thoughts?

What about the upcharge items offered in the restaurants like the lobster in Le Bistro? Also, do you think they would allow people to order multiple entrees without the extra 10$ charge (not that I would do this as I must watch my wine bottle figure...)?

Unless it is documented I am assuming these will be extra cost and not part of the UDP as I can see people going to town if they are included.

Any thoughts?

Just got off breakaway. Eat at as many specialties in one night that u want. No additional charge for lobster dinner or steak for two at Le Bistro. Plan on eating at Cagneys many times it's the best and eat on the waterfront if weather is nice. Moderno was open for buffet breakfast and I believe cagneys had a lunch one day open to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Momofcandk

Someone posted the terms and conditions of the Freesome promo and it states

Unlimited dining at all specialty restaurants

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPagesPopup.html?pageId=ultimateterms&stop_mobi=yes

That's interesting. That implies that items like the Cirque show and the Second City lunch aren't eligible for the 20% discount, but I thought they were.

That's interesting. That implies that items like the Cirque show and the Second City lunch aren't eligible for the 20% discount, but I thought they were.

Correct no discount on second city or cirque thru package but plan on seeing cirque on first night n get 25% off so it's 29.99 per person. Show is amazing. Meal is filet with grilled shrimp. Second city lunch on Saturday was average. Didn't enjoy show but meal was okay--choice of chicken or salmon. Make sure u verify that al lacarte restaurants give u 20%. U must get a lobster roll it comes with 20% off. We ordered thru Vibe everyday bc waterfront wasn't always open. Huge pieces of warm lobster. Just got off ship on 3/2 (breakaway)

Make sure u verify that al lacarte restaurants give u 20%. U must get a lobster roll it comes with 20% off....
Which à la carte restaurant has the lobster roll? I can't find it on any of the menus. Thanks.

Which à la carte restaurant has the lobster roll? I can't find it on any of the menus. Thanks.

We ordered at Vibe but there are limited hours on the waterfront u can purchase. It's $9.95-20%

Just got off breakaway. Eat at as many specialties in one night that u want. No additional charge for lobster dinner or steak for two at Le Bistro. Plan on eating at Cagneys many times it's the best and eat on the waterfront if weather is nice. Moderno was open for buffet breakfast and I believe cagneys had a lunch one day open to everyone.

Thanks for quick reply, sorta surprised by that but good for you and good for us! Did they still offer the seafood pastry in Le Bistro and if you tried it how was it?

I just hope people don't go nuts and start ordering double chateaubriands and triple lobster dinners at one sitting; I can see NCL doing a mid course "adjustment" if people go too crazy on these meals.

We plan on visiting a diff specialty every night and doubling up on Cagneys and Le Bistro. I have heard they are rolling out new MDR menus; Did u notice any differences in the specialties menus versus besides what we see at cruiseclues or the NCL websites? Just curious, thanks.

Ocean Blue has a takeout area on the waterfront selling things like lobster rolls, ceviches, crab cakes etc...that have gotten really good reviews from most people, generally more favourable than Ocean Blue itself.

There are some reviews where people have posted pics of the menus but don't have the links in front of me right now. I think maybe gambees breakaway review had some pics...don't remember.