Getaway 2/22 with pics

tjaker11

Here goes, as I am not a writer I hope all bear with me especially regarding puncutation.....

We arrived at the port around 11 am after driving a short distance from our home in Palm Beach county, after dropping my wife and luggage I proceeded to the parking garage finding lots of spaces near the elivator on level 3. My wife Jo-Anne had gone through customs and was waiting for me inside. We walked straight up to a waiting NCL rep and completed check in within just a few minutes. Now we moved upstairs to the waiting room where we were given a number 6 just as they started calling numbers. 15 minutes later we dropped our luggage at our suite and were seated at O Sheehan's for lunch, Less than an hour from arrival to lunch so it pays to be early especially when travelling NCL. The pics here were taken in Nassau.

This review my take some time as we are both back to work and planning our next cruise on the Getaway ( yes it was that good)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

What struck us both was just how beautiful this ship was, bright and cheerful yet with a bit of elegance, all public spaces seemed large compared to other ships we have traveled, and we never felt as though we were waiting for anything. My wife fell in love with the kids pool.

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We did not plan anything special the first night so we just made reservations once on board at Cagneys, we pre purchased the ultimate dining package and really enjoyed the restaurants. We would not hesitate booking the package again. We did not eat in the dining rooms so other than what friends told us we have no first hand account, Our frinds ate at the dining rooms often and said the food was excellent. I know that they had a seafood buffet early on in the Garden Cafe and prime rib on multiple occasions. We did eat some breakfasts in Garden Cafe but really preferred the Flamingo grill, Jo-Anne called it the hidden gem. Rarely busy and eggs cooked to order along with typical breakfast meats and breads.

The Garden Cafe was huge, it felt like 300 feet long and down both sides of the ship with multiple stations along each side, Even on a ship this size it never felt busy, never had the feeling we were standing in lines.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We loved the hand washing stations throughout the self serve food areas, CCers please let staff know if you have any suggestions or comments, I suggested to Sean the Hotel Director that it would be nice to have an additional hand sanitizer near the rear of the Garden Cafe so we did not have to walk to center of Buffet area to sanitize and the next morning it was there.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We absolutely loved the dining package and what was really fantastic was that Cagneys and Maderno were side by side and if you ask your waiter you can get deserts from Cagneys in Maderno and Jo-Anne ask for the fried banannas from Maderno for her desert in Cagneys...

All I can say is that if you choose to try a specialty restaurant I recomend Cagneys, I had the Filet often and it was the same each time, I could cut it with a fork, always cooked perfect. You have got to try the Cagney fries and the creme corn is like none I have ever tasted, My wife had the ribeye as well and it was fantastic, The steamed vegtables were always nice and crisp,

ry%3D400

Cagneys

ry%3D400

Maderno

ry%3D400

Cagneys

ry%3D400

Cagneys

ry%3D400

Maderno

ry%3D400

We also loved the interactive screens located throughout the ship, just touch and get started. You can get a map from where you are to any destination on the ship, Swipe your key card to make reservations for shows and dinner, etc.

ry%3D400

O Sheehans is really large compared to some other ships spanning both sides of the ship overlooking the central atrium and a really huge projection screen. We ate there a few times and food was always good, I loved the fish and chips and my wife loved the corned beef on rye, mozzarella sticks good too.

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

hi Tim!

Great review & photos so far -- I am so jealous! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to reading more and looking at your photos!

(Hi Jo-Anne!!) :D

Hi Pam, Great time, beautiful ship. sorry we missed you. We will definately sail her again. Hope all is well.

Take Care

Jo-Anne