Is it too hot/crowded for Venice/Greece/Turkey/Croatia on July 19-August 2?

We've been reviewing the 2015 Mediterranean itineraries. We found the perfect itinerary (Venice, Split, Dubrovnik, Athens, Santorini, Istanbul, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Venice). However, it's only offered one time on July 19-August 2. Our plan was to cruise May/June or September/October because of the heat and crowds during July and August. Is it too hot and crowded to even consider this itinerary during this timeframe? Thank you so much!

I did a Western Med cruise in late June/early July 2012. It was 106 F the day we were in Rome.

So just to be clear, you would advise against this cruise during this timeframe, because it would be too hot?

So just to be clear, you would advise against this cruise during this timeframe, because it would be too hot?

I gave you a reply on the other board re your same question,and IMHO I would say NO do NOT cancel because of the heat...after all it is summer and it may not be as bad if you are prepared for it. I have been in Europe many times and some of them in the middle of the summer I would never have traded the experience because it was to hot.Of course it is up to you,but giving up such a great cruise would require soem extra thought in my book.

I gave you a reply on the other board re your same question,and IMHO I would say NO do NOT cancel because of the heat...after all it is summer and it may not be as bad if you are prepared for it. I have been in Europe many times and some of them in the middle of the summer I would never have traded the experience because it was to hot.Of course it is up to you,but giving up such a great cruise would require soem extra thought in my book.

Wow! Thank you! That is not the response I expected! Now I really have to think about it!

we always cruise July/August due to school holiday commitments and have travelled and will again to those areas in the Med at that time

yes it will be hot and crowded but air conditioning is there.Especially if you choose a private tour van you will be able to escape back to that comfort in between sites

take plenty of water and an umbrella/hat for sun protection and just pace yourself

we always cruise July/August due to school holiday commitments and have travelled and will again to those areas in the Med at that time

yes it will be hot and crowded but air conditioning is there.Especially if you choose a private tour van you will be able to escape back to that comfort in between sites

take plenty of water and an umbrella/hat for sun protection and just pace yourself

Thank you! That's helpful! If you didn't have to plan around the school holiday, would you choose to go then? Or would you opt to go another time?

I have visited all the places on your itinerary, but not on a cruise ship. Personally, I would not want to be in any of them at end of July, beginning August. Everywhere will be very hot. You are looking at temperatures between 30-40C and will be extremely crowded.

Have you looked at P&O, they operate a lot of Med cruises?

I have visited all the places on your itinerary, but not on a cruise ship. Personally, I would not want to be in any of them at end of July, beginning August. Everywhere will be very hot. You are looking at temperatures between 30-40C and will be extremely crowded.

Thank you! That's very helpful! That's 86-104F! That's extremely hot!

We haven't looked at P&O! I will right now! Thank you for the suggestion! I really appreciate it!

Thank you! That's helpful! If you didn't have to plan around the school holiday, would you choose to go then? Or would you opt to go another time?

I may be a bit strange[song mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun going round my head]

However coming from one of the coldest and wettest parts of the UK I want hot weather to remind me I'm on holiday!

My main gripe with being tied to school holidays is that is the most expensive time to go so if I chose to go at another time it would be purely on a cost basis

I may be a bit strange[song mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun going round my head]

However coming from one of the coldest and wettest parts of the UK I want hot weather to remind me I'm on holiday!

My main gripe with being tied to school holidays is that is the most expensive time to go so if I chose to go at another time it would be purely on a cost basis

Huh! Got it! That makes sense! We have plenty of heat and humidity at home!

Ditto! :)

I like spring & fall ... weather is perfect & crowds are not nearly as dense.

No way would I go in July or August ... been there, done that, never again!!

FYI: Extreme heat really bothers me (as do super crowded venues) ... if you are not sensitive to high temps then, by all means, go for it.

Ditto! :)

I like spring & fall ... weather is perfect & crowds are not nearly as dense.

No way would I go in July or August ... been there, done that, never again!!

FYI: Extreme heat really bothers me (as do super crowded venues) ... if you are not sensitive to high temps then, by all means, go for it.

Thank you! Very helpful! We're sensitive too! I think we're decided!