.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Saw the show using Film on Last night. What a star blondie is and you are not so shoddy either Ho hum. The real star of course is Seadream.

We were invited onboard Silver Whisper yesterday while she was doing a turnaround in Stockholm, for drinks, afternoon tea and a ships tour. A very impressive ship, amazing staterooms with huge bathrooms. Very strange however for a luxury line that the waiting staff were so unengaging. No smiles, no acknowledgement when thanked for the service. No " my pleasure" as we are used to on Seadream. I think we would give them a try if we wanted to sail somewhere Seadream does not. The ships are a good size and have a luxury feel to them. We are so spoiled by Seadream perhaps!

I

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Noticed there was no table dancing on disco night. Wonder who had creative control over the final cut.

The Decency Squad at BBC!:eek: Some of the best stuff will never be known except to them's who was there. Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!:eek::D Excellent job Ho-Hum and Blondie. Really shows off SeaDream and makes us eager for December. :D

Look chums, really, if good chums like The Commander (no whizz kid, trust Hum: there's a good reason why he chooses "slip ons") and Jim (finally ! Oh the tantrums !) well, if they were able to see the film, then please go to the back of the class !

Yes face the wall !

Oh the shame !!

But Compassionate Hum feels for you.

Why should you not suffer like everyone else?

Haha

So to those that wanted to see it, here it is:

[YOUTUBE]RwPqFTCf-lQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by ho-hum

Thanks for the link - nice job Ho and Blondie! So fun to see Christophe and Sudesh and other familiar faces again.

As you were both saying goodbye to the crew and ship, I literally felt that same old familiar "tug of the heart." It's THAT special bond that brings passengers back to SD, over and over again.

Thanks for the link - nice job Ho and Blondie! So fun to see Christophe and Sudesh and other familiar faces again.

As you were both saying goodbye to the crew and ship, I literally felt that same old familiar "tug of the heart." It's THAT special bond that brings passengers back to SD, over and over again.

Thanks CDreamer.

Yes CDreamer, it's a familiar feeling we ALL have isn't it ?

And so we return don't we ?

Hum thinks the crew knows we love and respect them.

That's why it's such a special experience.

Oh and the chums we make with other guests too.

Something very special and yes, of course Hum is sure other guests have similar experiences on other ships in the world.

Mr. Hum, are you and Blondie in Episode Two next Friday?

No Jim but our chums Richard & Martin are (in the second and final episode).

We are going out to dinner with them next week in Brighton: great "bon viveurs".

That's our 15 minutes of fame over !

15 minutes too long for many ! Haha

Just seen Zimmy and TrapperZ in documentary at JVDYKE !

If anybody else notices themselves, please let Hum know to claim the $5K appearance money (before HH productions agents fees).

Edited by ho-hum

Darling, you were brilliant. The second time was even better than the first.

With every word of your dialogue, I sensed your inner motivation. A Tour de Force performance. Yes, they are quaking in the West End and on the West Coast tonight. A new Olivier treads the boards. A new matinee idol has streaked across the firmaments.

And he swims and he dances too, who could possibly have known the overflowing talents of the Hum.

Exquisite

So to those that wanted to see it, here it is

Thank you for the link Hum Chum - very entertaining and You Tube works even here in the colonies

I've shared it with the Crystal crowd - I suspect it will put some off Sea Dream for sure :D (just kidding - I think that the relationship demonstrated with the crew is something many of us can relate to)

I can see your better half is truly the life and soul of the party

I do indeed look forward to one day enjoying a drink with you

Now let's not mention the rugby... :(

Edited by Bodogbodog

Noticed there was no table dancing on disco night. Wonder who had creative control over the final cut.

The Decency Squad at BBC!:eek: Some of the best stuff will never be known except to them's who was there. Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!:eek::D Excellent job Ho-Hum and Blondie. Really shows off SeaDream and makes us eager for December. :D

The dancing on tables was referred to in the film, COCOYOTE, along with the wonderful quip by a good chum in the tender "Blondie IS the party!"

You see COCOYOTE, with all these kinda films, there is always the spin offs.

Now that's where we expect to hit the "jackpot", "milk the cash cow"....

There will be an "XX" rated sequel containing sex, violence, bad language or as you would call it "a typical night in"! So it might not be of the same interest to you.....but others ? Way-hay!!

Jim was only briefly featured in the original film because his agent wanted just too much money, so it was a brief (fantastically brief) walk on part at the Pool Bar (surprise, surprise! Does he even know there is a library onboard? No, its straight up the gangway, passing the Captain, Hotel Manager proffering out-stretched hands and straight up to the TOYB for a pint of tequila and shot of beer! Yes, we have tried to explain but what's the frigging point!).

Blondie and Jim will be the main characters in the sequel. Quentin Tarantino will be directing. Sadly Hum's ratings just didn't "cut the mustard" so he has been cut.

Again dealing with Jim is really difficult.

"What a diva"!

But he's agreed a deal. One Presidente an hour (AFTER filming!).

But this time your'e gonna have to pay!!

That'll be followed up with merchandising.

"I dont queue" tee shirts in pink etc...

To all those "twitters" out there, there is a lot of information surrounding the BBC2 film documentary on Twitter, especially by our "posh" travel agents.

No don't you go a thinkin' Hum is "drumming up" business for them.

If you did, then "Shame on you".

No, it's just that Hum thinks you might find it interestin'.

"OK we get it Hum !" Well check out their twitter account: @ITCLuxuryTravel.

You could of course check out Sea Dream's twitter account: @SeaDreamYC.

No, of course they don't mention the film !

Ruddy hopeless "shower".

The ratings are looking pretty good too. A "slow burner" Hum thinks is the term.

Bravo! SeaDream should pay you well for that. Let's go again, that was such a fun voyage.:D

It was all about the company Jim !

You, Lois, Zimmy, Lady V, Blondie, TrapperZ and the "Colonel", God bless him (Hum hopes he is not "telling tales" but he has been a bit poorly of late. We wish him and Lady V well).

We would have fun anywhere, anytime.

On SD it is cranked up to MAX !

SD "pay us" ?

Ha!

NOTHING!

And we didn't expect or want a penny!

But not even a "nice job Hum & Blondie".

That would have been nice.

Was that too much to ask ?

We did receive a thanks from the UK representative. We appreciate that.

Shoreside management can't even find the film !

The biggest disappointment has been their un-responsiveness.

Our smart TA took full commercial opportunity surrounding the film with advertising, special offers (not SD related) and were ALL called in to work after the film finished (10.30pm on a Friday evening) to take calls!

Hum encouraged SD to do something, anything.

They did nothing.

So dont worry, cabins will still be available with this "shower" running (or not running things !).

A huge commercial opportunity for them with 2.7 million UK viewers, let alone those around the world AND they did NOTHING!

Do you finally "get" why Hum is frustrated by shoreside management?

Don't let Hum leave you on a "bum note": the crew are happy about the film.

"Job done" as far as Hum is concerned.

Raise your heads high SD crew: you are so respected!

Mr. Hum... WOW... what a film. Both you and Blondie were great. And did a great job in showing off the ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

And also you gave a lot of positive comments about the staff. As I think you said, they are the ones that bring it together and make it work.

Can't believe, (or perhaps I should say I am not surprised) about the un-responsiveness of SD management. I hope that they realize what an asset that they have in their staff.

A few other comments and questions...

1. Sorry to hear about Zoltan leaving..he will certainly be missed.

2. Inquiring minds want to know: "Who was Blondie singing with on top the piano?" We will keep it in strict confidence!

See you on SDII in Rome!

No, Hum -- you aren't telling tales. Lord V/the Colonel/Clint was admitted to hospital in Charleston a week ago with a subdural hematoma (brain bleed). It's been a tough week with two craniotomies (sp?) and speech and movement issues. Starting to see slow improvement!! That is all good! CDreamer, Whatnot and you have been "in the loop" and Disney Jen has been sending lots of pixie dust! Appreciate all the good wishes!

Have only been able to watch a little bit of your tour de force and look forward to watching it all when life settles down a bit.

Vandrefalk

Thank you for the link Hum Chum - very entertaining and You Tube works even here in the colonies

I've shared it with the Crystal crowd - I suspect it will put some off Sea Dream for sure :D (just kidding - I think that the relationship demonstrated with the crew is something many of us can relate to)

I can see your better half is truly the life and soul of the party

I do indeed look forward to one day enjoying a drink with you

Now let's not mention the rugby... :(

And, dear chum, are you not "kicking yourself" for giving up that free drink in Sydney and meeting Blondie !

Haha

YouTube works in the "bush" ? The internet barely worked in our chum's apartment in Pyrmont ! Well the "buffering" must have taken hours !

Haha

So pleased you sent link to Crystal chums and especially for Keith: such a ruddy nice bloke, he made Hum feel "right at home" from the off.

Hum suspected quite a few Crystal devotees have been "popping over" to see the Hum & Blondie circus, judging by the viewing "spike".

If that is true, then "WE the people of SD welcome and honour you as our chums, fully respecting the love you have for your wonderful ships as we do SD".

Feel free to comment and post. There are less rules here, so "go for it".

And of course you are absolutely right Bodog, we ALL have "special" relationships to the respective crews on whatever ship we voyage with (whether Crystal, Azamara, SD) or at least to one or two crew that made our voyage so enjoyable.

Hum thinks ALL the Northern Hemisphere teams played well (even Wales: for the first 65 minutes at least).

When Hum was in Oz, Hum saw a few matches with our chum and identified Hooper as someone very special. If the Wallabies kicked better then it may have been a different story.

Thanks for the kind words chum. Looking forward to that drink with you too ....... but where ?

Here's what Bo-doing pisted:

For those unaware of his new found "fame" our dear Ho Hum just featured in a BBC show called The Millionaires Holiday Club - for those who want to meet the man being the Hum you can view it on You Tube - sadly it's not the Esprit featured - he's on his favourite line - Sea Dream

I hope he returns to Crystal again soon - looks like a lot of fun to sail with - and his dear wife "Blondie" would liven up the Avenue :D

Interesting show on how a high end TA caters for their guests - I'm sure some of our TA's could share similar experiences of their clients

No, Hum -- you aren't telling tales. Lord V/the Colonel/Clint was admitted to hospital in Charleston a week ago with a subdural hematoma (brain bleed). It's been a tough week with two craniotomies (sp?) and speech and movement issues. Starting to see slow improvement!! That is all good! CDreamer, Whatnot and you have been "in the loop" and Disney Jen has been sending lots of pixie dust! Appreciate all the good wishes!

Have only been able to watch a little bit of your tour de force and look forward to watching it all when life settles down a bit.

Vandrefalk

Both of you are so loved by your closest chums and so respected by the crew and wider SD community that even on this forum, Hum just couldn't bear to go "whittling on" about a silly old film without making some (non-specific) acknowledgement to Colonel Clint's condition any longer. We are thinking and praying for you both. Love HH & B xx.