Recent Pride of Aloha Overall Quality?

DanL

• 2 weeks later...

DanL

We just returned from the July 17th sailing of the Pride of Aloha. Like you, we read reviews that had us looking forward to our trip with both excitement and concern. My wife and I have been on 9 other cruises, so, we tend to look with a pretty critical eye. The first thing my wife said to me when we got on the ship was “my gosh, this ship is beautiful!” and she was right. The ship seemed clean throughout and wonderfully decorated in Hawaiian themes. Yes, there are some areas that could use some improvement. We seldom had evening turndown service, the service was slow in the main dining room (we found the buffet to be pretty good and the specialty restaurants were excellent), the excursions were pricey, the rooms are a bit on the small side, you can’t bring your own alcohol on board, the gratuity policy is confusing, yada, yada, yada. However, none of these things, in any way, detracted from the overall enjoyment of this cruise. You are correct in liking the itinerary. There are so many things to see and do on the islands that you can overlook the little ship inconveniences if you choose to. We hope to do a full review of our trip this weekend. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

HH

• 2 weeks later...

Archived