Suva 8 AM - 4 PM MY BIRTHDAY!

Thebosn1

Hello! I am on the Carnival Legend Trans-Pacific this summer and we are pulling into Suva on my Birthday! We are in port from 8-4 and I am looking for information and suggestions regarding things to do there.

Like I said it is my birthday so I would like to celebrate, but would also like to get a good feel for Fiji while I am ashore. ANY ideas or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Jim:D

I think you should have enough time to do the "Jewels of Fiji" trip. If you Google it you will find it.

It is a great full day activity. Bus ride through Fiji countryside to a traditional village where you will be welcomed and encouraged to drink the cava. Then lunch will be served, cooked in a fire pit and totally delicious. Followed by a canoe trip (you don't get involved in paddling!) to a waterfall, which you walk to, then swim in the refreshing water below the falls. Canoe back to the bus stop and bus back to the ship.

You dock right by the market which is really interesting too.

I'm sorry I can't give you the web address, seem to have lost it from my favourites. We did this trip last October and would do it again tomorrow!

Enjoy your day, whatever you do.:D

I think you should have enough time to do the "Jewels of Fiji" trip. If you Google it you will find it.

It is a great full day activity. Bus ride through Fiji countryside to a traditional village where you will be welcomed and encouraged to drink the cava. Then lunch will be served, cooked in a fire pit and totally delicious. Followed by a canoe trip (you don't get involved in paddling!) to a waterfall, which you walk to, then swim in the refreshing water below the falls. Canoe back to the bus stop and bus back to the ship.

You dock right by the market which is really interesting too.

I'm sorry I can't give you the web address, seem to have lost it from my favourites. We did this trip last October and would do it again tomorrow!

Enjoy your day, whatever you do.:D

Thanks Kristal.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

We were looking into the Jewels of Fiji tours for next year. The web site seems to imply that the various tours they offer don't get back until 4:30PM. Unfortunately our ship departs at 4PM also. So it doesn't look too promising for this tour operator.

Has anyone actually taken any of their tours who can confirm the tour times?

I can't remember what time we got back to the port, but everyone on the trip was from the cruise line. I am sure if you contact them and tell them you need to be back early they could accommodate you, they are really nice people and the trip is worth doing. They are used to coping with cruise times.

Best of luck