Catagory 12

vickihd

We stayed in a category 12 stateroom with four adults. It was close quarters, but we were comfortable. The stateroom is only slightly smaller than the category 9 or 10 - no big deal.

If you are going to book a 12, I'd advise doing so as a guarantee. There really aren't very many of them and you have a reasonable chance of being upgraded to an 11, which would be the same configuration, but on a much higher deck.

FYI - the 12s (quad) have a twin sleep sofa with a pullman overhead, plus a queen. There is a draw curtain between the queen and the living area. The 12s have only the single bath.

The size of the Cat 11/12 worked OK, but there was less storage space for clothing for our family of 4. I also missed the split bathroom more than I thought I would.

Karen

Wonder 11/01

Magic 3/02

Magic 11/02

Carnival Destiny (don't ask) 12/03

Magic Eastbound Panama 8/05

Sorry, regarding the comparison with Princess...

My handy-dandy cruise book says that inside cabins on the Diamond Class (Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess) are 168 sq. ft.

On the Coral Class and Grand Class (the Coral, Island, Grand, Golden, Star and Caribbean Princesses) the inside sq. footage is 160.

On the Sun and Dawn Princesses, inside is 135-148 sq. ft.

DCL's Cat 11 and 12 are 184 sq. ft.

Cat 8 & 9 (with window/s) and inside Cat 10 are 214 sq. ft.

Disney's Passenger/Space ratio is the best of the mainstream lines.

Karen

Wonder 11/01

Magic 3/02

Magic 11/02

Carnival Destiny (don't ask) 12/03

Magic Eastbound Panama Canal 8/05

Guest hockeychic

It was my understanding that you could not sleep 4 in a Cat 12. I am probably wrong...this is my first cruise but my TA told me to book the12 as I would be guaranteed at least a 11 as there is 4 in my party.???

It was my understanding that you could not sleep 4 in a Cat 12. I am probably wrong...this is my first cruise but my TA told me to book the12 as I would be guaranteed at least a 11 as there is 4 in my party.???

Sorry, but we did sleep four adults in a Cat. 12...on deck one, no less. But if you booked a guarantee, you have a reasonable chance of an upgrade.

Archived