12 Metre America’s Cup Regatta & ATV'ing

PrincessJen

Hi All,

For Cozumel I'm looking at the 12 Metre Regatta in the morning (8:30 - 11:30) followed by ATV'ing for 2 hours at 12:30. Is this timing too tight allowing only one hour between? The alternative is to take the 2:30 ATV tour and ask the operator to cut it by 1/2 hour so we can make re-board by 4:00 since the boat leaves at 5:00.

Thank you

Depends on where you meet up for the ATVing, versus where you're dropped off from America's Cup.

Based on my experience with the AC 12 metres in St Marteen, add a 1/2 hour to the time. It takes time to get everyone together and out to the boats and if winds are light, longer to run the races (2-3). They "ferry" you out to the boats and back. I'm not sure exactly where their compound is located. I think it's in the Caleta Marina which is just south of the two southern piers.

If you're interested in sailboat racing or enjoyed to "old ways" of the 12 metres, you'll have a great time. :)

Thanks for the info! We've never done this type of tour before so this will be an experience.

For ATV'ing is it possible for us to book it with a vendor once we get back the pier rather than in advance? I'm concerned we're not going to make the 12:30 start time and the vendor requires a deposit. So I'm wondering if there are enough vendors at the pier that I could book this with on a whim.

I can't answer that on the ATV. I know Cozumel Watersports has them and some others operate out of Mr Sanchos or other beach clubs with ATV snorkeling combos. Not my thing. But I don't think there are vendors hawking tours per se. Just meet up spots. The taxi stand captain will know. Most tour companies operate via reservations or via cruise ship excursion. Maybe someone else has an experience with a tour vendor in Coz.