Cabin Selection

anitsiva

We are booked in a Family Oceanview Cabin (01) which I understand is 218 sq ft. We were offered an upgrade to a balcony cabin for free however, the balcony cabins are 185 sq ft. We are a family of 4. Is the balcony worth giving up the extra square footage?

We are sailing in the winter. If it were just my husband and myself, it would be an easy choice but with all 4 of us in the cabin, the extra space may be beneficial. Our travel agent

thinks we should take the upgrade to a balcony on a higher deck.

I am having difficulty deciding if I should give up the extra sq ft for a balcony that we will use very little.

Has anyone seen both these cabins? Is that extra space worth turning down the free upgrade? What would you do?

We are booked in a Family Oceanview Cabin (01) which I understand is 218 sq ft. We were offered an upgrade to a balcony cabin for free however, the balcony cabins are 185 sq ft. We are a family of 4. Is the balcony worth giving up the extra square footage?

We are sailing in the winter. If it were just my husband and myself, it would be an easy choice but with all 4 of us in the cabin, the extra space may be beneficial. Our travel agent

thinks we should take the upgrade to a balcony on a higher deck.

I am having difficulty deciding if I should give up the extra sq ft for a balcony that we will use very little.

Has anyone seen both these cabins? Is that extra space worth turning down the free upgrade? What would you do?

Without knowing what ship it will be difficult to answer your questions.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The balcony couch will pull out to make a full size bed. It will make getting to the balcony a little difficult if they are sleeping and you are trying to get outside.

That being said. A Balcony can make a room feel much bigger with the sunshine beaming in.

Just look at your family dynamic and see what bests works for you

Since you are sailing on the Breakaway, I would go with the ocean view room. The balconies are really small. We have done four in an ocean view and a balcony. The way the beds are set up at night, it is a challenge to even get to the balcony. Surprisingly, the ocean view cabin we stayed in was roomy (on the Star).

I don't have kids but did have a balcony and honestly think four people would have been tight, even without the bed set up, depending on how old the kids were. I'd stick with the larger room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't have kids but did have a balcony and honestly think four people would have been tight, even without the bed set up, depending on how old the kids were. I'd stick with the larger room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would normally say balcony but I have seen the family oceanviews and they look very similar to balconies in that they have a pull out couch. I would take the oceanview. In fact I am seriously considering getting that room for my nephew and his family (has a 2 and 6 year old) because I think they would feel safer with the kids without a balcony. There is a window for natural light and a view.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

Ive been in both categories. When I was in a balcony cabin, I think I actually went outside on it a total of 20 minutes during the entire week. We were at the pool area on Sea Days and off the ship at ports. After dinner and a show, off to bed!

If you are a little more energetic, maybe the balcony would be nice if the kids were asleep and you wanted to sit outside for a while. That was my plan..never happened! Something about the sun and sea that puts me to sleep early!

Thank you! We decided to go with the Balcony. We are travelling with friends and they went with the balcony cabin so this will put us closer to them so the kids have easy access to each other. If it wasn't for that, I would have stayed with the Family Ocean View cabin.