Is it OK if city in mailing address is wrong?

DorothyB

I will be sailing with my passport - which has my address with the city as Houston, TX. Technically I live barely outside the city limits, but Houston, TX has been my mailing address since 1998.

My NCL confirmation has the correct street address and zip code, but auto-filled the city as Jersey Village, TX which is also very close to me.

That won't cause any issues will it??

Thanks!

I will be sailing with my passport - which has my address with the city as Houston, TX. Technically I live barely outside the city limits, but Houston, TX has been my mailing address since 1998.

My NCL confirmation has the correct street address and zip code, but auto-filled the city as Jersey Village, TX which is also very close to me.

That won't cause any issues will it??

Thanks!

I don't think so, but why not just log in to MyNCL and change the city in your profile address to the correct city? I believe that you can erase the auto-filling and write a different city name in the box....

I have never seen a passport book with an address on it! I just checked my whole stash- they have my city and state of birth. I have 4 of them. The latest one was renewed when I lived in a different state 6 years ago.

Do you have a passport card ?

Interesting

Nora

Still don't understand- where do you have an address on your passport? Passports are to prove citizenship, not prove state or city of residency, nor to prove that you live on Elm Street, Thomason, Ct 96787

I would stil change that box on the docs, but I don't know why you have an address on your PP

Our passports have our former home address in Victoria, Texas. We have since moved to Cuero, about 30 miles away. I called the phone number on our passports to see if we needed to update our new mailing address. The man there reminded me that our passports do not show our address on them. You just write in pencil the emergency contact person, where you are traveling, and home address. He said to just change to our address when we renew them. Glad to hear that! We just did a western Caribbean, but were more worried about our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise this fall. Didn't want to be left off that 16 day cruise.

Although I live in Waggaman, my mail is usually addressed to Westwego because we share the same zip code with them and with Avondale, Bridge City and Nine Mile Point. Many places use mailing programs that automatically add the city name when they enter the zip code and the main town in that zip code will always be used. It has never been a problem for me.

You can write me using any of those town names and the mail will get to me if you use the correct street address and zip code.