Promenade Stateroom On Navigator OTS

I am looking at a cruise late next year on the Navigator, looking at the prices, for the dates I could go a inside is $599.00 or the Promenade Stateroom for $659.00. This is about the top I could pay PP for a cruise. Our first and only cruise to date was last year on the Vision and we had a inside on deck 2, we had no problem with a inside and I see no reason I could not do it again. But the idea of a Promenade Stateroom looks like it could be upgrade from the normal inside. So whats the real lowdown on a Promenade Stateroom, is it worth the x $100.00 for both of us, are they quiet or can you here everything that goes on outside. This room is on deck 8.

In general, you should have no problem with noise in a promenade cabin as the glass is rather thick. When they have the parades twice during the cruise or a band happens to be playing in the promenade you will be able to hear it. You will not be able to hear the general noise from the promenade when people are walking around and shopping. Personally, I think it's worth an extra $100 for 2 people to have the promenade cabins. A view of the promenade is not a substitute for a view of the ocean, but it's better than no view at all. I think it's worth the small difference in price.

I just rebooked for the NOS for next July again for the four of us two connecting. We were in a D1 a couple of weeks ago it was a bit crowded for a family of four. I also chose deck 8 because we liked being close to deck 11. Our thoughts are you still have a little more light in the cabin you can open the curtains a bit so its not complete darkness during the day. I peaked into one of them and they are set up quite nice.

We really like the PR rooms, the bay window opens the room up, and it fun to look out and see what going on down there. We always try to book a PR room, it our favorite. We can't see spending much more, we are hardley ever in our room. I would spend the extra money...........just my opinion, of course I would go in any room if it was a choice of going and not going. Have a great time either way!

Yes, they are worth the extra $100.00. :) We've had a balcony, an inside and the promenade. For the money, I would choose the promenade.

We loved the balcony, but didn't spend as much time as we thought we would on it. We enjoy being around the other passengers at poolside, etc that we never hung out in our room.

With the inside cabin, we felt a bit disconnected. Without looking at a watch, you never had a good sense of the time of day or what activities might be happening.:confused:

With the promenade room, we did not feel the separation of the inside cabin. We could look out and enjoy the promenade deck, people watch, enjoy the parades, krooze comics, etc.

We were on deck six on the Navigator last year and booked the same room for this year's cruise.

I loved the Promenade room we had on Navigator. In retrospect, I would try to be a bit away from the pub. We were on the 6th deck opposite the pub and I did hear some noise. My partner did not. I would make sure you are in the centre of the Promenade (but away from the pub) on the 6th or 7th floor. The 8th floor is a bit too removed from things.

I loved having two sofas (which the other insides don't) and the window seat. I also liked that they change the light in the Promenade during the day so you really can tell if it's day or night.

• 1 month later...

I was going to say the same thing - thank goodness they change the lighting in the Promenade... or you'd never know what time of day it is!

2 years ago we had a PR cabin on the Mariner... this past year an E1. Thoughts on both...

PR - we were across from the wine bar, too close to the bandstand so that it was loud late at night when I was putting my daughter to bed. HATED having to squeeze past the bed to get to the couch. LOVED the window seat (and the fact that there was a second couch) my daughter actually chose to sleep there instead of the bed. We were up top for most sail aways, so didn't really mind the lack of a balcony.

E1 - LOVED the natural daylight. Loved the balcony the few times we were on it. Once we even went to Windjammer and brought a snack back to the room and sat out on the balcony until it got too hot and sweaty.

All of that being said... I'm worried that it will be difficult to go back to a PR cabin after having a balcony! My daughter would rather the PR than an OV... anyone have any thoughts on this?

Go with the promenade... We'll be in our third promenade cabin in January. It is just a bit roomier and gives you that not so closed in feeling. It's the best if you can't afford a balcony.

We never had a problem with noise and being on the 8th floor you're that much higher than the promenade. We've always been on the 7th floor.

Just a reminder...close the curtains while changing! :D

LOL we never had that problem. We quickly discovered (on the mariner) that if you opened the closet door (and maybe the bathroom door, I can't remember) that it made a nice little changing room - with easy access to the closet! Just keep your fingers crossed that no one tries to enter the room!

We had 8579 on the NOS in January and have booked 8295 for the EOS for Nov/06. We loved this type of cabin (though we only paid $10 Cdn. more pp than an M or L room for the upcomming trip and about $20 Cdn more pp for the first one) and I would think it is worth it.

We liked being at the centre of the ship, both "horizontally" and "vertically"- only 3 floors up for Windjammer/pool and 3 floors down for DR/promenade- we hardly ever used the elevators.

I liked the window. In addition to some light and the feeling of space, we could see how busy things were and gague when to leave the room (perfect for grabbing those great cookies at the PR cafe:D )

I liked the two mini sofas so we could each sit on one and enjoy room service, watch tv, etc.

I liked being able to watch the parades from our room.

There was no noise on the 8th floor, except during the parades and that was muffled.

Only people in the rooms opposite can see into your room on the 8th floor.

However, I would prefer to be on deck 7 if possible (better view, a little less close to the ceiling).

I think this is an excellent option for people (like us) who don't have a balcony in their budget. We will continue to book these until a deal comes along to try an outside.

Cheers,

A question about deck 8 PR cabins... isn't the window slanted to give a better view?

We don't tend to watch the parades from the room - we like to be in the middle of the action! So I'm leaning towards a room close to the elevators - that walk down the LONG hallway was rough sometimes (like when we had blisters on our feet)!

I'm also trying to get farther away from the bandstand down by the cafe (I assume they have one on the Navigator, they had one on the Mariner)

If we're as far aft as possible in a PR cabin, what will we be overlooking? I can't imagine the room gets any more hallway noise than our E1 did last year (8320 - right by the elevator) so I'm not worried about that.

The people across the promanade can see into your cabin so when dressing and what nots--close the curtains.

I prepfer deck 7 too. Right in the middle. cabins above and below me. and far enough way from the pubs below.

Your windows are soundproof but youwill hear sounds..(not loud) of the parades.

A question about deck 8 PR cabins... isn't the window slanted to give a better view?

We don't tend to watch the parades from the room - we like to be in the middle of the action! So I'm leaning towards a room close to the elevators - that walk down the LONG hallway was rough sometimes (like when we had blisters on our feet)!

I'm also trying to get farther away from the bandstand down by the cafe (I assume they have one on the Navigator, they had one on the Mariner)

If we're as far aft as possible in a PR cabin, what will we be overlooking? I can't imagine the room gets any more hallway noise than our E1 did last year (8320 - right by the elevator) so I'm not worried about that.

There was an area where the band played but we never heard it in our room and we were almost on top of it!

The windows are tilted slightly, but you had to sit on the sofa and kind of lean over to look and you are high up enough that you have more of a bird's eye view (still not bad....).

If you are on the ends, you will be looking right into the centrum art and not much else (maybe guest relations desk). The walk to PR cabins from the elevator really wasn't that bad- I would try to book at least the second block of rooms from the end (on EOS I had booked 8309 and moved it as soon as a more central room became available)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

I keep reading where people say you can hear sounds, but they aren't too loud... Not always the case. We were in a room right by the bandstand, and it seems like most nights the band started up right as my daughter was going to bed... and they were LOUD!

Maybe there is a difference in sound levels between 7 and 8? We were in 7583

We booked promenade last year on the Explorer, and we are booked for another one in... 30 days on the Navigator! We love it...close enough to see what's going on, but far enough not to hear it. Candleonwater..sorry you could hear it! Plus we can see who's in line for sprinkles...;)

Hey CPA2BE...are you on the oct 15 saililng of the navigator...if so, check out our roll call....

Wow, does the Navigator still have Sprinkles in the Promenade? if so, my daughter would probably want to stay on deck 6, as far forward as possible... only one set of stairs between her and the ice cream! She hated trudging up to deck 11 on the Mariner!

I hate to tell you this- Sprinkles is gone! There was a big discussion on the boards about this before my January cruise and sure enough it wasn't there when we sailed:(

In protest, we did not buy B&J's on the ship but waited for ice cream on the dock at St. Thomas (there is a Cold Stone Creamery Store there) or trudged up to the 11th deck or got some at the DR or had some when we went to JRs- in retrospect, it's probably a good thing they took out my easy access to free soft serve or I would have weighed a ton when I got off the ship:D

However, your daughter will still be near those yummy cookies:D

Cheers,

Archived