Dress Code - Lawn Club Grill

ILCruiser

We've never been on a ship with the Lawn Club Grill and we were wondering about the dress code there. Do diners usually adhere to the "dress code of the day" (i.e. smart casual), or do most diners dress down a little (i.e shorts & polos)?

We've never been on a ship with the Lawn Club Grill and we were wondering about the dress code there. Do diners usually adhere to the "dress code of the day" (i.e. smart casual), or do most diners dress down a little (i.e shorts & polos)?

We dressed like we were sitting out in our own back yard at a cook out! OK, maybe a tad nicer:D You are in for a real treat!

1446684018_cruise173.jpg.240b9c85538d259e636237782b6b3371.jpg

793710960_cruise171.jpg.9517c848b57c65e387f319e9c8bc42e0.jpg

I don't recall seeing shorts, but the venue certainly lends itself to khakis and a polo. Will people get away with shorts? In all likelihood, yes. Really though, it has a country club grill vibe to it. Folks should try to stick to the requested dress instead of finagling what they can get away with.

Besides, when most folks eat there, it's evening and the ship is under sail. Without the sun and with the breeze of clipping along at 20 knots, pants are usually a good idea anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think anything goes but khakis, boat shoes, and a polo certainly would be a good bet. We really enjoyed the evening we spent despite a rain storm and some strong winds. The food was first class, just didn't help my charcoal cooking game since everything was done with electric grilles.

My boys 16,16 & 20 wore nice shorts khakis & plaids as did my partner in crime Roger (shorts one night & jeans one night). I wore a casual dress as I almost always wear dresses as dud my stepdaughter. My mom wore capris. We went twice very casual & comfortable & yummy. Can't wait to go back this December. Save room for the best dessert on the ship the warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Save room for the best dessert on the ship the warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just Great! Thanks bunches, 40 deg with a cold rain in Dallas right now and I am stuck with the smell and taste of the cookie in my wandering thoughts!:D

My BF wore white dress shorts, a linen shirt and woven loafers for this outdoor venue. :eek: Flame away!

I'll suggest something casual and light. We made the mistake of booking the Lawn Club Grill @ 7:00 PM on our Adriatic cruise, and it was HOT!!! My son had to go to our cabin and change his nice short sleeve shirt in the middle of dinner, the sun was unbearable and this affected our experience. :( I'll also suggest to make the reservation one of the nights that a jazz concert is offered on the lawn. By the end of our dinner, the concert had already started, it was cooler and the desert was fantastic.:)

My BF wore white dress shorts, a linen shirt and woven loafers for this outdoor venue. :eek: Flame away!

Why would anybody want to "flame away"? It's perfectly acceptable to overdress for dinner at the Lawn Club. :rolleyes: