Parking at Port?

SCkat

Parking at Port Canaveral was fine. There is a parking garage and it costs $10 per day. I felt security was fine. When we got off the cruise the porter actually took our bags from the baggage claim area up to the second floor of the garage where my car was parked.

Madelyn

does anyone know about how much it costs to park per day or per week at ports? we haven't booked anything yet, but it will probably be Miami or Ft Lauderdale.

thanks!

In Fort Lauderdale you can stay one night at Amerisuites by the port and parking is free for your entire cruise. Even if you go b2b for 14 days. They have a shuttle to the port also. But it is close to port and inexpensive to take a taxi also. The cost of the Amerisuites is really reasonable on Valuetrips.com. It is about half the cost to book with the hotel directly. We got it for $67 I believe for September. It is $12 a day to park at Port Everglades. So for our 10 day that would be $120. So I look at it as they are paying us to stay there the night before! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from MO! We'll be driving to Galveston for our Elation cruise in December 05, and I have been wondering about Parking options convenient to the ship. Great idea about getting a room/parking at a hotel for 1 night then using their shuttle or a cab to get to the ship....now I just need to find a hotel in Galveston that's less than $70 ($10/day port parking x 7nite cruise).

Any other suggestions?

We are taking to cruises out of NYC. Aug 27th-Sept 1(6 days) & Sept.3rd-Sept 10th(8 days) That is 14 days x 24.00 per day.

We found that the monthly rate is only 180.00. We can't figure out what to do as they won't let us take our car in at out at the monthly rate. Is thgere a car rental place there?? Any other options to park??

LK

• 3 months later...
is this in miami or ft l? we are goin into miami and lookin for alternative to parking garage for 7day.

There really aren't many options for you unless you park at your hotel. The Port of Miami is $12 per day and very secure. My peace of mind is certainly worth that not having to worry about my car.

• 3 weeks later...

Parking at the Port of Miami and Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale are both $12 per day in very secure covered parking garages. As stated above, it's well worth paying that to know your car will be safe and unmolested when you return.

There are no safe alternatives in Miami, but in Fort Lauderdale Park 'n Fly is a less expensive alternative. It's not covered but is secure... http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

Yes, parking at the few hotels that let you leave your car is cheaper, but none of them have safe, secure lots. Their lots are all open air, and anyone can walk in. It's also a pain dealing with shuttles or cabs... Park at the port, walk off your ship and you're in your car and on your way home in minutes.

Archived