Martini tasting

roseaxel

I've never done the martini tasting but it's on my bucket list for our next cruise! I'd love to get my hands on those recipes...not that I drink all that much...but I like to have recipes for my parties. If anyone has them, would you mind posting them and sharing them? Thanks in advance to anyone who does!:D

We did this on the Valor in January. The first time we got the charm and the "recipe book" which really is just the menu that you checked the martinis you wanted. The second time we had to ask for the charm.

It really is fun to watch the bartender pour all four at the same time. They have to use five shakers nested in each other and the glasses have to be lined up just right so that nothing spills out. It really is a good deal, and once you find one you like, you can order the big version of it. I was cruising with three others, so we were able to share and sample all of them.:D

We've done this on several cruises & it is not only a great deal, but loads of fun. They are "mini" martinis & I would say each of the 4 would be the equivalent to 1/2 of a normal martini. ...and as the others have said, you get to keep the little booklet (sort of a fold out card) that has the martini choices & recipes that you select, plus the charm. Our favorite two martinis are the Spicy Chipotle and Blackberry Bramble.

The other choices on our last cruise were the Classic Cosmo, Pomegranate, Melon, Florida Sunrise, Carribean Sunset and Sea Blue.

My wife and I cannot hardly wait till our cruise June 1 to hit the Martini Bar!:)

Does anyone know what day the martini testing is....This was alot of fun!!! We are going on splendor in June

I'm not going on the Splendor until next month but I do know on the Legend, they offered martini tasting nearly every day. Just check out the Fun Times.

The charm was a miniature martini.

I love going to the martini tastings! What people don't realize is that you can do it at any time, not just the time that may be listed in the Fun Times. I've done it several times throughout my cruises.