Carnival's "Relax On The Beach" Package

CTI1WLM

Good day,

wife and I have never been to Roatan. Our cruise will take us there on December 3, 2014. I have some questions for those with experience:

Q1 - It seems the temperature at this time is mid-80s. Anything else we should know?

Q2 - Carnival's "Relax On The Beach" excursion says "One ticket accommodates two guests . . ." but then it lists the price as $39.99 "per person". What will this cost my wife and I, $40 or $80?

Q3 - one or two reviewers said that they simply used the chair lift to go back and forth to the ship to eat since the area was so close? Is this feasible? What about leaving your clamshell on the beach and returning to it later?

Thanks for your replies.

Edited by CTI1WLM

The beach and loungers are free to use. No need to take chair lift, its about a 15 minute walk from ship to beach. If you take a clam shell chances are someone else will take if you leave it for some time.

There is a bar and restaurant on the beach along with restrooms and showers.

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/

It's a nice beach but you really should book a tour to see the island. Just walk off ship and head towards the Information Center. You will be able to hire a cab for the day for 35.00 ea.

Edited by runner15km

First, some will say Mahogany Bay is nice, but it is not Roatan IMO..This is a safe island you will want to see..If you can walk easily, I would not waste my money on the $39.95 ,for both of you chair lift. Many will also urge you to get a private tour with Victor Bodden or Rony. There are lots of threads on this, but do get out and see the island..Off to church..Good Sunday to you.

SANY1909.jpg

free screen capture

Carnival will dock at Mahagony Bay. It is their own manmade dock area with beach,stores etc. Know that if there is wind or the water is even a little rough,( which it can be pretty often), you won't be docking and you will just have another sea day.

It is up to you if you want to see more of the real island and beaches rather than spending a day on what is basically a cruise line "private island" beach day.

We have never looked at pricing for anything Mahagony Bay.

Edited by eandj